Apps for the non-iPhone/Pad user

Tell us about the things in your panels and flight bags.
pevend

Apps for the non-iPhone/Pad user

Postby pevend » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 am

I'm due for a new phone in the immediate future, but I'm kind of married to Verizon (it's the only carrier I can receive at work and it has the best coverage where I live). Any good Windows Mobile (don't laugh!) or Android aviation apps available that would make it worthwhile paying the $30 per month for a smartphone?

pevend

Re: Apps for the non-iPhone/Pad user

Postby pevend » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Having had no bites on this one for a month, I did some research myself and found that you can get Foreflight weather, Avilution Quickweather, AirWX Aviation Weather, and Pilot My-Cast Weather in the Android app store. Anybody used any of these (probably in some other form)?

Don Peven

LNSflyer

Postby LNSflyer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:09 am

pevend wrote:Having had no bites on this one for a month, I did some research myself and found that you can get Foreflight weather, Avilution Quickweather, AirWX Aviation Weather, and Pilot My-Cast Weather in the Android app store. Anybody used any of these (probably in some other form)?

Don Peven

I have used ForeFlight on my iPod, and I think it is one of the better aviation apps out there. I'm not sure how the quality translates over to the Android
Student Pilot flying an Evektor SportStar out of KLNS.

rcigliano

Postby rcigliano » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:09 pm

I have the HTC Eris ad use AirWX Aviation Weather and love it. I also have Scanner Radio which I have added streams from LiveATC.net and EAA Radio as custom scanners. This is my favorite app.

Other "Aviation" apps that I have is FlightTools E6b, Weatherbug, AirReg (too look up the N-number of the funky looking plane on the ramp so I know what it is), Aviation Weather from NOAA/NWS, SunriseSunset and UTC TIme.

Hope this helps.
Rob
Private Pilot SEL
FRG
Tecnam Eaglet

@RobertCigliano on Twitter
The New Pilot PodBlog Podcast
@NewPilotPodBlog on Twitter
http://thenewpilotpodblog.com

Return to “Flight Gear”