CamelBak Water Bottle

Tell us about the things in your panels and flight bags.
cknuth

CamelBak Water Bottle

Postby cknuth » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Sure I have a portable GPS, oxygen system, portable radio, multi-tool, etc. But I consider nearly as mission-critical my water bottle. Not only is the Camelbak Better Bottle refillable (less plastic trash means more petroleum available for 100LL,) but it's openable with one hand, the bite valve stows flush to avoid contamination, there's a pressure bleed valve, and it doesn't spill whether open or closed. It seems made for aviation.

http://www.camelbak.com/betterbottle

Chuck (no financial interest in this product - I just like it)

PilotBillFromTexas

Re: CamelBak Water Bottle

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:05 am

Good point. Where do you keep the camelbak while flying? I guess you could strap it to the back of the seat.

All we need now is something equal to take up the "used product."

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm

PilotBillFromTexas wrote:All we need now is something equal to take up the "used product."

Bill -- Couldn't quote you the episode to save my life, save the world or save the next Kevin Costner movie...but distinctly remember Jeb, Jack and me discussing the finer points of an <ahem> liquid-waste collection device designed to me worn in flight; offered male- and female-specific <ahem, again> fittings, special underwear (male and female) designed to me worn with the appropriate fitting; used a suction pump to move liquid into a bag where is was turned into a non-spill gel by the same kind of powdered stuff used in today's manual-collection devices...bags could be removed and tossed on the ground...

Cost several hundred bucks...but for a ferry pilot, military or long-distance <ducking> Champ pilot ;) , it seemed like the solution for balancing out the capacity of a CamelBak Better Bottle... :!:

Gotta admit, the bottle sounds perfect for use in pressurized and non-pressurized aircraft...Thanks for the tip, Chuck...

Dave

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Picked up a CamelBak bottle the other day - thought I was going to have to go to REI (outdoor outfitters store) but found one accidentally at Eddie Bauer store in the mall! :)

It's skinny enough so that it should sit OK in the side pouch in the Cherokee - look forward to trying it out. Thanks Chuck for the info!
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Return to “Flight Gear”