Introducing the UCAP Aviation Ambassadors Program

svmelb

Re: Introducing the UCAP Aviation Ambassadors Program

Postby svmelb » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:11 pm

SOOO, pick an airport, drive or fly in, grab a photo with the UCAP sign in the background, then post it here?? Perhaps grab a nice burger at the same time! (I could go back & listen to #67, but hey, I'm too lazy this morning!!)

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:52 pm

svmelb wrote:SOOO, pick an airport, drive or fly in, grab a photo with the UCAP sign in the background, then post it here?? Perhaps grab a nice burger at the same time! (I could go back & listen to #67, but hey, I'm too lazy this morning!!)

hey, hey... no driving! That's cheating. You have to fly there. It's okay if someone else is flying just as long as it's a GA flight. Otherwise, I think that we just made up the rules.

JHWellington

Postby JHWellington » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:39 am

Got a chance to fly in California this past weekend. Big thrill for an East Coast kid to fly around the San Francisco bay and up the Napa valley. The fog had come into the shore and over the Golden Gate bridge, yet the east side of the bay was clear and sunny. Fantastic topography in the bay area.

We flew out and back into Gnoss airport (KDVO). So now I have 1.2 hours of west coast PIC time!

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:01 pm

hey, hey... no driving! That's cheating. You have to fly there.

While I admire the idea of flying only, I personally think that driving is OK, esp for those non- (but soon to be-) flying aviation fans out there.

And no, I don't mind you folks taking the lead with this.

-- Jack

svmelb

Postby svmelb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 am

OK, well, much as I'd love to fly more often than I do, it's quite a lot more expensive here Down Under, so I may have to improvise occasionally and use the car. My local airport is located next to a rural highway....maybe if I got my old '98 Ford Falcon up to about 150 km/h on the way over, that would be classed as "flying", wouldn't it???

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:04 pm

svmelb wrote:maybe if I got my old '98 Ford Falcon up to about 150 km/h on the way over, that would be classed as "flying", wouldn't it???

I used to have a '68 Ford Falcon. The only way it could see 150km/hr is if it were dropped from a C130 or off of a cliff. It would do 70mph (112kph) but it wasn't happy at that speed.

svmelb

Postby svmelb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 am

Ford still make the Falcon brand here. They just released a new model this year - the last model to come with an Aussie made in line 4.0 litre 6. Nice, real nice!
(off topic, I know!)

turbo

Postby turbo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 pm

esp for those non- (but soon to be-) flying aviation fans out there.

-- Jack[/quote]

i really think jack is getting hot on the idea of getting his own plane about now. we should all be lookn for a c-152 basic no frills get u there looks ok strong engine ok paint vfr panel brown interior nice glass N-123JH comn your way. i got a felling after lookn into the crystal ball today. Image
summers s. windsor, ct/ winters stuart, fl RV-6/ R-44 / Gyroplane "The government is a body of people notably ungoverned." Image

Return to “UCAP Ambassadors”