Langley, B.C.

PilotBillFromTexas

Langley, B.C.

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:19 am

"Adrian's at the Airport" restaurant is right on Langley airport in suburban Vancouver, British Columbia. They have an indoor and outdoor dining area. You can enjoy your meal and watch the aviation show on the other side of the fence. I noticed that they had Warsteiner beer on tap. I'm sure that plenty of landings have been rated with glasses raised bottoms up.

The airport also has a flight museum a few doors down from Adrians. The Canadian Museum of Flight is very small but interesting to this American aviator because of some of the things on display here are simply not found anywhere on display in America. They have one of the former Canadian Snowbird aircraft on display as well as items from Canadian military and civilian aviation history.

CYNJ is small but very busy. There are several businesses on the field including fixed wing and helicopter training. I popped into browse the pilot shop at the fixed wing operator. I noticed that students were taking lessons in both English and what I'm guessing might be Pakistani or Indian language. It was a very busy place.

Langley benefits from B.C.'s natural landscape beauty as well as easy access to Vancouver. Anyone training here is going to have to be good at dealing with a lot of weather. No problem finding actual IMC here. I can see why people are attracted to this place from around the globe.

There is scheduled airline service to/from Langley from Victoria.... HARBOR. You take off on wheels from Langley and 35 minutes later the seaplane is splashing down in the Harbor at Victoria, BC. I've also been to Victoria, btw and it is in my opinion one of the most beautiful cities in North America.

You can find some more pictures that I took here.
Attachments
11-04-08_1232.jpg
11-04-08_1232.jpg (130.59 KiB) Viewed 2411 times

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: Langley, B.C.

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:44 am

Nice report. Thanks.

Vancouver & Victoria are two places I've always wanted to visit. One of these days.

-- Jack

eaglepilot

Re: Langley, B.C.

Postby eaglepilot » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Wow,

Just browsing the site, found this post. Langley is where I trained and where I hang out on occasion. Friend of mine has a
PA 12 based there, let's me use it once in a while.

Langley is an airport that is on a growth pattern, not being downsized. As we speak, they are paving a brand new runway on the field.

Langley manager is a former Snowbirds lead pilot, and is one heck of a great airport manager. Knows what to do to attract business and also how to deal with those who are not so keen on airplanes.

Anyone coming to Vancouver, Victoria, put this on your list of things to see. Not a flashy glitzy place, but just grass roots.

Return to “UCAP Ambassadors”