Passed my flight test

Look through your logbook and tell us the story behind some memorable entry.
Bretty

Passed my flight test

Postby Bretty » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 am

Hi from the UK!

Managed to pass my skills test last weekend, so when the paperwork comes back from the powers that be, I'll be able to make use of my PPL.

Just wanted to say thanks to the UCAP guys for helping keep me motivated over the 5 years it's taken for me to get qualified. Great stuff & keep up the good work!

turbo

Re: Passed my flight test

Postby turbo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 pm

good stuff. send some pics from over the pond. how much $ was the training/ rating? OK in the UK. how was the WX? ImageImage
summers s. windsor, ct/ winters stuart, fl RV-6/ R-44 / Gyroplane "The government is a body of people notably ungoverned." Image

ATC_Ben

Postby ATC_Ben » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Being sunny old England... I'm going to guess it was more like the second picture than the first Ed!
Caelus latus sursum

Bretty

Postby Bretty » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:22 am

turbo wrote:good stuff. send some pics from over the pond. how much $ was the training/ rating? OK in the UK. how was the WX?

I guess roughly $10,000 for the training. We have to complete a minimum of 45 hours training before a license can be issued, I did it in 47 hours. Weather is always an issue in the UK, but we get some good flying days over her, particularly in winter. I'll dig out some pictures later.

Return to “Logbook Memories”