3 Days, 3 Flights

Look through your logbook and tell us the story behind some memorable entry.
LNSflyer

3 Days, 3 Flights

Postby LNSflyer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 pm

I finally, after 2 long years of breaks, passed my private checkride on 3/21/13. At the age of 18, I was humbled to hear my instructor tell me that I had passed with flying colors(no pun intended) and that all of my maneuvers were done to Commercial PTS standards.

The day after, I took 2 of my 3 sibilings (they're triplets) and my cousin for a flight from our field at KLNS to KPTW, Pottstown Heritage. It was very windy and meant an extreme crosswind landing but we had fun none the less.

Yesterday was flight #3. 2 of my friends and their mom had never been flying before and I had offered to take them flying. They were overjoyed and didn't stop smiling from ear to ear throughout the duration of our flight from KLNS to KOQN and back. Although I am just 50 hours into my flying career, That flight will stick with me for a long time. Introducing new people to flying and aviation is such a rewarding feeling and I hope everyone has the chance to introduce a friend to the skies.

Blues skies and tailwinds.
Student Pilot flying an Evektor SportStar out of KLNS.

champguy

Re: 3 Days, 3 Flights

Postby champguy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 pm

You go guy!
Keep us posted on your adventures, see some new places, think Oshkosh this summer. You will love every minute of it.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

turbo

Postby turbo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm

congrats to your new rating. i remember my first like it was yesterday. keep the thread alive with your new adventures. dont forget to share the costs. that way you fly more. :D
summers s. windsor, ct/ winters stuart, fl RV-6/ R-44 / Gyroplane "The government is a body of people notably ungoverned." Image

JimP

Postby JimP » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 pm

LNSflyer,
Congratulations on getting your ticket. I know there is nothing quite like that first flight with a passenger! Combination of "rush" and a huge feeling of responsibility, second only to the sense of accomplishment when you return them safely to terra firma. It's now 35+ years later, and I still feel that same surge of excitement and the "I can't believe I get to do this!" feeling every time I open the throttle for takeoff - solo or with passengers. Still exciting and awe-inspiring for me!

Turbo,
You cannot imagine how jealous I am of your R44... I flew helicopters in the military, and would dearly love to be able to afford to fly a helicopter enough to stay current and competent. I think my wife would enjoy flying more in a helicopter as well. By the way -- I was looking at your signature line, and realized your homes represent both of the British royal lines - Winsor and Stuart. Coincidence? As my wife would say "Fly low and slow!" (It's that helicopter thing...)
Jim Parker
N5842N - 78 Commander 114 Hot Shot (Turbo Normalized)

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:40 pm

LNSflyer,

Big congrats!

// Jack

Return to “Logbook Memories”