Time to get ready

Look through your logbook and tell us the story behind some memorable entry.
champguy

Time to get ready

Postby champguy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:36 pm

It was a beautiful day on the Oregon Coast today, one of many now that summer has arrived in earnest.
Pulled out the Champ and fired up for the trip up to Newport where they have a good turnout for burgers on Saturdays. With Summer in full blast there is quite a headwind up the Coast but by climbing clear up to three thousand feet one can fly over it and get a view over the Coast Range and the Willamette Valley all the way to the Cascades.
For the return, the tail was up before I had full power, was flying in two hundred feet, and turned cross wind at mid field. The ride back down the Coast at nine hundred feet was smooth and swift with a ground speed of over one-twenty.
On return, changed the oil, checked the timing, poked around looking for anything loosening up, and put the plane away ready for the trip over the mountains and across the Great Plains to Oshkosh. In serious need of a wash but ready to go.
See you all soon.
Champguy
aka. Richard of Florence
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Scofreyjet

Re: Time to get ready

Postby Scofreyjet » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Sounds good! I think we missed each other the last time I was at AirVenture (Sloshkosh 2010) so I hope I run into you this time around. Maybe at the tie-down party.
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

champguy

Re: Time to get ready

Postby champguy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Stop by down in Vintage Camping if you get too much of the heat and noise up in Show Central. It is cooler and a lot quieter and there is always shade under the wing.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/E ... directlink
Home for the week.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Logbook Memories”