The Year of the Weather

Look through your logbook and tell us the story behind some memorable entry.
champguy

The Year of the Weather

Postby champguy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:38 am

Safely home from Oshkosh after crossing the Rockies at 11,500 in calm cool air. Even needed the heater. Calm but hot air continued all the way to the Coast.
But on the way, Champ spent two nights as severe weather passed over at night, inside at Cutbank, and outside at Aberdeen where I found one chock blown away and others moved well clear of the wheels.
On the trip home landed twice after weather closed in, rain at Reedsburg, and 900 food ceiling for the last fifteen miles into Havre, MT. Had fun finding the last hole to dive through then "nap of the Earth" to the field. Spent a day and a half waiting for the wind and rain to pass over. Oh and back at Aberdeen the FBO tracked me down at the Hotel and asked for permission to put my plane in their hangar as there was a severe weather alert with possible tornado. Thank you to Quest Aviation for good prices, and great service, and a dry safe plane in the morning.
Everywhere I went I met great people, saw beautiful country, and marveled at the grand land we live in.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

champguy

Re: The Year of the Weather

Postby champguy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:39 am

https://picasaweb.google.com/rhawleyhol ... directlink
No real theme to these, just took what caught my eye. The show is a great place to spend a week if you do't try to do too much. It is easy to get burned out too hot and too loud in the thick of things.
But a long cross country in a small plane is a great way to clear the head of all those annoying little details that sometimes make life seem a bit too ordinary.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Logbook Memories”