New Plane!!!

Discussions about buying and owning your own plane.
SkiandflyUtah

New Plane!!!

Postby SkiandflyUtah » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Well after several years as a partner in an eight-partner C-172M based out of KSLC I've taken the plunge. This week I'll be closing as the single owner on a Commander 112 Hotshot turbo-normalized aircraft.

The plane went through the pre-buy with no significant surprises & with the assistance of the new AOPA Finance program and a bit of a dip into retirement funds I can truly call this one "my" airplane :D

Of course I couldn't do things the easy way, like buy a local plane here in Salt Lake City...oh no, I had to buy one out near Boston sooooo there's a bit of a solo ferry flight back home involved. ;) Hopefully if the planets, weather, and timing on some discretionary modification work being done in MA align properly I'll be able to catch a few days of Oshkosh on the way home.

Hopefully I can make the UCAP meet-up, having made it last year at my first visit to Oshkosh...yep, got the NOTAM :geek:

Scofreyjet

Re: New Plane!!!

Postby Scofreyjet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Wow, that's great - congratulations! Jealous... :)

I was going to say we should get together while you're in the Boston area, but it sounds like you might be coming here while I'm heading to OSH. Keep the forums up to date on your aircraft pickup!
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

cherokeeflyer

Postby cherokeeflyer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Congratulations...nice aircraft type.
real pilots learn to fly in a Cessna and then buy a Piper Cherokee.

SkiandflyUtah

Postby SkiandflyUtah » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks!

I'm hoping the RCM Normalizing turbo kit will help out here in SLC, UT with the higher DA's we experience. Temps today are a touch over 100F so with a field elevation of 4,200 MSL the extra boost will help. Heck, I went out to KSLC today to clean up the hangar I leased for my new plane and I thought I might melt....yeah, I know "but it's a dry heat" ;-)

Dealing with some last minute issues getting the purchase through escrow, but still hope to catch the UCAP meet-up at OSH on the way home. :D

JimP

Postby JimP » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:19 pm

I'm a little late to the party - been "offline" for a while - but wanted to add my "congratulations" on your new plane. Commanders are awesome! (I just purchased one myself - more on that in a new post...)
Jim Parker
N5842N - 78 Commander 114 Hot Shot (Turbo Normalized)

Return to “Aircraft Ownership”