Bargain Birds, Re: Affordable Flight Center at AirVenture

Discussions about buying and owning your own plane.

Bargain Birds, Re: Affordable Flight Center at AirVenture

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Gang, listeners, lurkers, friends, fiends and fellow flyers...

You may have heard a couple of EPs back that EAA is launching at AirVenture 2008 something called The Affordable Flight Center -- a new feature focused on helping folks find ways to lower the costs of flying. The kind folks acknowledged that your humble UCAP Gang provided part of the inspiration for the AFC, as Jack has noted -- and a couple of weeks back our friends in Oshkosh formally invited me to give a presentation at the center -- just goes to show it would be wise of me to watch what my mouth says. :o

Well, this is a lengthy way of introducing an update: topic title, dates and times of my <ahem> presentations -- yeah, the upped the invitation to two...so...

At EAA's urging, I developed a title to go with my theme: Finding Flight that Fits Your Funds.

This title fits with my belief that for those motivated to fly something there's an avenue there to get you airborne. May not be that turbine-fired cross-continental beast you dream of, not a new whatever, maybe not a traveling machine but something for the enjoyment of flight alone. But there are options for the truly motivated. As for the schedule, here 'tis:

#1: Saturday, Aug. 2, from 10 to 11:15 a.m. -- at the center.

#2: Sunday, Aug. 3, from 1 to 2:15 p.m. -- again, at the center.

Please feel free to do something more useful, like browsing the aisles of stuff or rows of airplanes...but if the blatherings of a got-my-ticket cheap two-time cheap-airplane owner hold any interest, feel free to drop by and give a listen, ask a question, throw rocks or money :lol:

Otherwise, hope to see you in front of the radio station for our two live podcasts or at the Friday Podcastapalooza...

Shaping up to be a busy, fun, flight-filled Oshkosh.

Be lookin' for you...

Dave
Dave Higdon

Return to Aircraft Ownership