Looking to fly in Europe

Ask your aviation questions here and get answers from other Listeners and maybe even one of the UCAP gang. Questions can be serious ones or just trivia.
BJJones133

Looking to fly in Europe

Postby BJJones133 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:24 am

I'm traveling to Europe next January and would like to see some of France from the air.

Our itinerary is as follows:

Snow Skiing in La Plagne, (France) We will be staying there from January 21st 2011 through January 27th 2011
On January 27th 2011 we are traveling to Chateau D'Oex for the International Hot Air Balloon Festival. We will only be in Chateau D'Oex for two days.
On January 29th 2011 we will travel to Paris for 5 days departing for the US on February 3rd 2011

I'm working to secure a ride on a hot air balloon already, however I would love to get some fixed wing time in there as well. (with an instructor/safety pilot of course).

A perfect day would be to depart Paris and fly the coast of Normandy, with a stop perhaps in Bayeux to see the WWII Museum, or a short hop over to England for a $100 Euro basket of Fish and Chips.

If anyone has any suggestions, tips, or contacts in any of these areas they are willing to share I would be so indebted.

I might even stop by Sion, Switzerland and see the two crazy globe trotting Swiss pilots and their flight design LSA's.

Thanks, Bill

lucaberta

Re: Looking to fly in Europe

Postby lucaberta » Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 am

Here's the long overdue answer to that email you sent me, Bill... :oops: Apologies for missing the answer the first time!

I don't know people in the north of France, quite frankly, but I know people in Switzerland, in the Bern area, and depending on how you travel from La Plagne to Chateau D'Oex something might be arranged, but it looks like your schedule is pretty tight. Don't have any contacts in Sion but that can be arranged too.

Let's talk again during the fall, when we're going to be closer to your trip.

Ciao, Luca
Luca Bertagnolio, CPL/ASEL/AMEL/ASES/IR

US States I've overflown or flown in:

Return to “Aviation Answers”