Flyin to Friar Tuck's

Ask your aviation questions here and get answers from other Listeners and maybe even one of the UCAP gang. Questions can be serious ones or just trivia.
Kelly@C89

Flyin to Friar Tuck's

Postby Kelly@C89 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:18 pm

OK, so I've heard about Friar Tuck's as a $100 hamburger destination at KOSH. I've been to Oshkosh as an AirVenture spectator, but have not yet flown there. Considering giving Friar Tuck's a try for lunch and have a question. I know it's roughly at the end of Rwy 27, but am trying to figure out where to park my airplane and how far of a walk it is. Looking at google maps, if you take the last taxiway at the end of 27 to the North, it leads to an airplane parking area right behind the Hilton Garden Inn. That looks like the closest place to park, since everything else West of there looks like vehicle access roads as opposed to taxiways. Is that the best place to park the airplane, or is there a better/closer place? And what's the best route to walk to Friar Tuck's from there?

Thanks!

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: Flyin to Friar Tuck's

Postby jackhodgson » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 am

There's a paved parking pad at the infamous "Super 8 Gate" (aka the Friar Tucks Gate). Two potential problems: One, the paved road to this pad is more an access road than a taxiway, but planes taxi on it every year during OSH so I think it would be approved the rest of the year. But potentially a bigger problem, Two, is that the "Super 8 Gate" is locked except during the fly-in. I've always imagined that you could call ahead and get it opened, but I don't know that for sure.

Otherwise, yes, the Hilton parking ramp is closest.

I'd give Friar Tucks and/or the Hilton a call, and ask them how it all works.

// Jack

cherokeeflyer

Re: Flyin to Friar Tuck's

Postby cherokeeflyer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:59 pm

Bassler FBO will give you a ride to the restaurant or its a 5 min walk from the GA ramp.
real pilots learn to fly in a Cessna and then buy a Piper Cherokee.

Return to “Aviation Answers”