AOPA Aviation Summit, Tampa, Nov 5-7

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Scofreyjet

AOPA Aviation Summit, Tampa, Nov 5-7

Postby Scofreyjet » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:25 am

I just registered for the AOPA Aviation Summit in Tampa, but haven't finalized travel plans. Would be cool to have a UCAP (or multi-podcast) Listener Meetup during (or the night before) this event. No detailed suggestions yet, but I wanted to start the thread.

What say you all?
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Comanche Sue

Re: AOPA Aviation Summit, Tampa, Nov 5-7

Postby Comanche Sue » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday and will keep my eyes on this thread for further meet-up details. Tampa here we come! Sue

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:24 pm

Is anybody going to be in Tampa on the 4th?

Might be cool to get together for dinner the night before the Summit kicks off and things get hectic!
Jeff Ward
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:23 am

Well, so far my travel plans are still fluid, but with some guidelines in place that put me in Tampa and checked in with the AOPA folks on Wednesday...

So sounds like a good idea to me...work permitting, unfortunately...so should be no issue for me to at least join in long enough to raise a glass to our great listeners...

FWIW...

Dave

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:52 am

Sometimes, things just work out...

Since I'm literally between jobs right now (new job starts 11/10) I have some schedule flexibility, so I signed myself up to go for my seaplane rating at Jack Brown's Seaplane Base in Winter Haven during the early part of the week, before the Aviation Summit. :D

It had been in the back of my mind that if I ever traveled to central FL I would try to squeeze it in, and everything converged to make it possible. I'm really looking forward to it - flying off the water, and doing it in a J-3 Cub no less! Yes, "giddy" would be an apt description of how I'm feelin' right now! :lol:

Jeff

David Allen

Postby David Allen » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:47 am

Sometimes things just DO work out. It is beginning to look like I will be attending at least some of AOPA Aviation Summit, if not the entire event. I'd love to meet up with any of the listeners that are planning to attend!

Comanche Sue

Postby Comanche Sue » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Jeff - YEAH! I am so excited for you. I was in Winter Haven earlier this year and saw where you will be getting your sea plane rating at and it looks SO COOL! I'd be giddy too. I've heard nothing but good things about their operation there. Have a great time and I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of it. Hoping to see you and other listeners afterwards. My boss is going to be speaking on Friday and Saturday but I will definately keep checking on a meetup time/place. Sue

David Allen

Postby David Allen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:35 pm

AOPA is really going all-out for meetups this year. Check this out!

http://www.aopa.org/summit/meetups.cfm

I think we could get all of the UCAP listeners together for one of these times slots and everyone else can join in over the internet. Thoughts?

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:05 am

I have tentative plans to have dinner with Dave Higdon in Tampa tomorrow evening (Wednesday, November 4th) If things work out with Dave's schedule. If any UCAP listeners will be in Tampa tomorrow and are interested in joining us, the best way to get the final word on if/when/where it's happening will be to follow me on Twitter (@scofreyjet). I will try to post to this forum as well, but no guarantees.

For planning purposes, the default schedule is to meet around 7:00 pm at the Sheraton Riverwalk, but that is subject to change.

If you're seriously interested, send me a private message through the UCAP Forum with a way to contact you directly (phone, text, email) and I'll do my best to keep you informed.

Jeff
Jeff Ward
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 pm

Confirmed dinner meetup with Dave H. AND Jeb B. :D tonight (Wed. 11/4) meeting at the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk (200 Ashley St.) at 7:30 p.m., meeting at the bar/lounge.
Jeff Ward
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Return to “Meetups”