AOPA Aviation Summit, Tampa, Nov 5-7

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Dave Higdon

Re: AOPA Aviation Summit, Tampa, Nov 5-7

Postby Dave Higdon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:12 pm

We had a ball...ScofreyJet, David Allen, his lady sidekick (blanking on her name, but she was lovely to visit with) and Jeb as a late addition...visited with an intriguing older gentleman pilot and got a visit by old friends Mike and Ginny Fergusen, who'd flown their V-tail Bonanza down from Montana...where Mike was director of aviation for the state for many years...proved to be a warm and wonderful evening and our gratitude to Jeff for what he accomplished and what he snuck in on us <g>...

Also met some other UCAP listeners during Summit to add more to the fun...thanks to all who introduced themselves and helped make our stay above average.

Dave

Comanche Sue

Postby Comanche Sue » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:49 pm

What a great event and I am so glad I was able to attend. I was fortunate enough to meet Jeff (of Scofreyjet fame) and David Allen. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to chat - it was an absolute pleasure to meet both of you. Sorry I missed seeing Jeb and Dave but that's just more incentive for me to make it to the deck of Sun-n-Fun before the waffles are over.

This was my first AOPA event, aside from some previous ASF seminars and a "town hall" meeting a couple of years back and I was really happy I attended. The educational opportunities were great as well as the opportunity to mix and mingle, not to mention the pure joy of hanging out with people who love to fly. Oh, and then there were the shopping opportunites...Sue

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:47 pm

I sure had a great time at the AOPA Summit in Tampa. As ComancheSue says, it's great to just hang out with so many people who love aviation. Had a great dinner with Jeb, Dave, and Dave Allen (UCAP listener and co-host of The Pilot's Flight Podlog). Sorry Mandy Irwin could only stay for drinks, but of all of those present for the meetup, I think I was the only one not actually "working" at the Summit.

During the Summit I also got to meet Rob Mark (of the "JetWhine" blog and co-host of the AirplaneGeeks podcast) and oh yeah, I spent a few minutes hangar flying with Patty Wagstaff :D about her work with the Kenya Wildlife Service pilots. I chatted about cameraderie among aviation folks with John King (yes THAT John King) in the hallway of the convention center, and just basically was in aviation nirvana all week.

Now, back to reality and the new job... :roll:

Here's Jeb, Me, Dave A., and Dave H. at the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel restaurant
Attachments
UCAP-meetup_cropped_sm.jpg
Tampa Summit Meetup
UCAP-meetup_cropped_sm.jpg (81.75 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Return to “Meetups”