OSH 2010

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
COFlyer

OSH 2010

Postby COFlyer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 am

So ... what are the UCAP meetup plans for OSH 2010??
States I've flown in:

pilottony

Re: OSH 2010

Postby pilottony » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 pm

My wife and i will be arriving on the 29th and are looking forward to a meetup!!

Tony

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Good question, what do you think guys? Charcoal Pit on Monday?

Jonathan
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

champguy

Postby champguy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:12 am

Where is the Charcoal Pit, got to be in walking range for me. I'd like to put some faces to names, but might be later in the week more people will have a chance to show up. Or an early birds and a follow up to compare notes.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

OK, so many voices...only so much space in my head...let's see...

Last thing first: Charcoal Pit is beyond a pedestrian gate in front of the Super 8 Motel at the NW corner of the airport; you can take one of the buses to that gate and walk from there to The Pit, Friar Tucks, The Packer's Pub, and a couple of other restaurants and watering holes...

That would be a great place for the UCAP fans to meet up; bring a banner or sign, if you can; get there at a good time for you all and shake hands...

Jack, Jeb and I won't be free to catch up until close to 7 -- we do our Opening Day UCAP session at EAA Radio right after the daily air show ends...but please, start without us; if you want to dine, get on what will be a lengthy list at The Charcoal Pit (or Friar Tucks or...) and tell them you may need a couple of extra chairs...

Regardless, we'll come looking...but we'll be late...

Beyond that, well, we do a Noon Wednesday session -- Episode 200 -- on the Members Center Stage, we'll be at Pod-A-Palooza briefly to participate in a short ceremony, and doing our closing-day show on Sunday morning at EAA Radio...

If others want to build their own meet-up on other evenings, have at it; we'll do our best to check in...

Meanwhile, everybody have a ball!

Look forward to seeing as many as we can!

Dave

rcigliano

Postby rcigliano » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:53 am

A meet-up is a great idea. I will be at Oshkosh Thursday through Sunday so I vote for one later in the week. Or maybe more than one. :D
Rob
Private Pilot SEL
FRG
Tecnam Eaglet

@RobertCigliano on Twitter
The New Pilot PodBlog Podcast
@NewPilotPodBlog on Twitter
http://thenewpilotpodblog.com

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:03 pm

You're not alone, Rob -- and that's pretty much how this transpired last year...so watch this space (well, somewhere here under Meetups...

if this year tracks last...there will be more than one...works best if ya'll out there decide what and where and we work to get there...

Folks?

pilottony

Postby pilottony » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:29 pm

What about a thursday evening meetup? I will be camping in the ultralight venders camping area, either around the M Squared or CGS Hawks sites. Ive been working for both companys lately so i will be supporting both. I hope to get Jeb hooked up with one of them, for that float plane he wants.

Tony 251-463-9320

champguy

Postby champguy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:34 pm

now you've got a location we can all reach. Count me in. I'll buy a beer for anyone who arrives at osh in a plane slower than mine. Count down is on, leaving (god willing) thursday, three mountain ranges, wide valleys, high planes, and much farm land to cross. I will be there.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

1c5pilot

Postby 1c5pilot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 am

Well, Thursday is already the Babes 'n' Planes dinner at the White House and the My Transponder party. Maybe another night?

Leslie and I are planning to be there Sunday through Sunday, so we're actually pretty open (other that Thursday :roll: ).
Grant Prellwitz
PP-ASEL-IA, AGI, IGI
AOPA ASN Volunteer 1C5 (Bolingbrook Clow)

Return to “Meetups”