Sun'nFun 2011 Meetup

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Launchpad

Sun'nFun 2011 Meetup

Postby Launchpad » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Will there be a UCAP meet up during Sun’n Fun? When and where will you be broadcasting or taping? Please announce soonest so I can adjust to be there.

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: Sun'nFun 2011 Meetup

Postby jackhodgson » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:52 am

Will there be a UCAP meet up during Sun’n Fun? When and where will you be broadcasting or taping? Please announce soonest so I can adjust to be there.

Just now starting to finalize this. Here's what I know as of now:

As in past years we'll record two regular episodes at SnF2011. On Tuesday (opening day) after the daily airshow, and on Sunday (closing day) around 10 am. Right now the plan is to do both of these eps from the Radio Station front deck, but SnFRadio is trying to put together a field studio rig, so we could end up anywhere. Stay tuned.

We'll also probably do another series of our shorter "UCAP Dailies". Time and location on those will be very spur of the moment.

I haven't talked with the boys about this yet, but, we were all very happy with the way the impromptu UCAP beer bust turned out last summer in Oshkosh, so I'd like to do something like that. But at this time I have no idea where or when. Watch this space for more on that.

Last but not least, if any UCAP listeners are planning any meetups please let us know. If at all possible one or more of us would love to stop in and say hi.

// Jack

RigaRunner

Postby RigaRunner » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Do I understand that we will not have a "meet up" as we did last year at Honoluana Island Grill at Venice airport?

:cry:
A commercial pilot, IFR rated, who flies a Cirrus SR22 out of JYO.

Comanche Sue

Postby Comanche Sue » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:02 pm

RigaRunner wrote:Do I understand that we will not have a "meet up" as we did last year at Honoluana Island Grill at Venice airport?

:cry:

Is this true? No meetup at Venice? I HOPE THERE IS! It's the unofficial UCAP Florida Chapter meeting isn't it? Well, I'll keep checking back here for further updates. Sue

fordan

Postby fordan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:58 pm

I know I'm going to be around the entire week other than Tue afternoon when I'm going to get some more PIC time in a seaplane (with an instructor, of course; I don't think anyone rents seaplanes without one of their instructors along for the ride).

CFIRickMiller

Postby CFIRickMiller » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:01 pm

I have a one day "kitchen pass" and will be at Sun'N'Fun on Thursday, 31 March. I'm driving up from Sanibel Island that morning hoping to arrive around lunch time.

Anyone game for lunch on site?

Rick

jimg

Postby jimg » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:14 pm

I'm looking forward to being at SNF from Tuesday afternoon through Friday some time. Looking forward to getting together once again with fellow UCAP fans, and watching the live show in the making. Assuming they don't hide from us!

Jim

Launchpad

Postby Launchpad » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:32 pm

OK , Jack
We are seven days out! When are you recording on Tuesday 29 March? (day1) When & where are we meeting up? Jack or Jeb pick a place! On the field? In Town? The time to announce is now so all us UCAP fans can be there!!! When are you recording on Sunday 3 April? (day6)

Biggles71

Postby Biggles71 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Coming all the way from Dubai, UAE... 7806NM great circle distance! Free beer for the one traveling the greatest distance? ;) lol

Will be there TUE, WED and THU. Hoping to catch up with you boys and girls!

BJORN
Photographer, Aviation nut, Airbus A330 & A340 skipper but more important a GA pilot!
Flying was my first love and it will be my last one!

jimg

Postby jimg » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi, folks,

I'm packing today (Sunday) and heading south tomorrow (Monday).

Regarding SNF 2011 UCAP meetups, nothing in the recorded podcasts as of yet, nothing on the SNF radio web page about the radio schedule, nothing in the wiki.

All quiet on the southern front, as it were.

In the absence of other guidance, let me suggest that UCAP fans might likely to be found at the SNF radio porch either after the daily airshow or after any podcaster-on-the-radio performances, whenever they might eventually be scheduled. And then the Sunset Grill is but steps away...

See ya there.
Jim

Return to “Meetups”