Oshkosh Meetups

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Navionpilot

Oshkosh Meetups

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Any ideas when/where the official Lineys sponsored UCAP meetups are?

Jonathan
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: Oshkosh Meetups

Postby jackhodgson » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:48 pm

It's nearly 100% now that we will be having the 2nd annual UCAP beer bash, on Thursday evening, 6-8pm, same place as last year: just outside the "Super8 Gate" at the northwest corner of the field. Keep an ear on the UCAP homepage and @jackhodgson on Twitter for any changes.

// Jack

champguy

Postby champguy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

I'll be there, if the creek don't rise. I'll have the Champ all tightened up and ready in time, but I sure don't want to fly into an occluded front and get stuck some place they aren't having a party. Been studying weather maps, and it ain't pretty out there. Y'all be safe.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

champguy

Postby champguy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Not to worry, except for scud running the last sixty miles into Reedsburg, and getting a bit wet, the rest of the Country has offered fabulous flying with tail winds to boot. Whether 11,000 over Wyoming, 2500 feet across Iowa, or 350 feet across some of Wisconsin, the Mighty Ninety hasn't skipped a beat. Tomorrow the Fisk approach. Don't get jamed up behind me, firewalled I still don't see 90 knots.
Who flys planes that go that fast anyway?
Time for the big show.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

pilottony

Postby pilottony » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Well it looks like im going to be at Osh after all. I didnt think i was going to be able to swing it, but a buddy of mine is flying his L29 and he needs a cargo plane to follow! That will be me and another friend in a Cherokee 180. this will be my first time flying into Osh and we will arrive on Thursday, with Notam in hand! Cant wait to see you guys.

ATC_Ben

Postby ATC_Ben » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:28 pm

champguy wrote:Not to worry, except for scud running the last sixty miles into Reedsburg, and getting a bit wet, the rest of the Country has offered fabulous flying with tail winds to boot. Whether 11,000 over Wyoming, 2500 feet across Iowa, or 350 feet across some of Wisconsin, the Mighty Ninety hasn't skipped a beat. Tomorrow the Fisk approach. Don't get jamed up behind me, firewalled I still don't see 90 knots.
Who flys planes that go that fast anyway?
Time for the big show.

Hang on, a Champ can get to 11,000?? :twisted: :D
Caelus latus sursum

jimg

Postby jimg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Earlier in this thread, Jack says that the UCAP meetup will be Thursday at 6pm. I note with interest that on the "OSHPlanner.com" web site, organizers of the Podapalooza (mutli-podcast meetup) (subsequent to Jack's posting) have attempted to stake a claim to the same time slot. Will UCAP compete with Podapalooza? And what are the poor old podcast fans to do with this quandary? UCAP fans who, like me, are at Airventure, should come to the Wednesday Noon live performance to find out the latest on scheduling.

From Pine St. in Camp Scholler....

Regards to all.

Jim G
(pilotjimg on twitter)

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Podapalooza has been rescheduled until later. I'm not sure though if it's 8 or 8:30. I'll see if I can get the answer.

// Jack

BJJones133

Postby BJJones133 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 pm

So pre-party at the super 8 then a walk to the forum buildings?? Can I bring new friends, and future listeners?

BJJones133

Postby BJJones133 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Not crying over spilled milk..... Beer however....
Zspill.JPG
Zspill.JPG (119.91 KiB) Viewed 4301 times

Return to “Meetups”