UCAP at Sun 'n Fun 2012

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

UCAP at Sun 'n Fun 2012

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:40 am

Here's the "official" list of the UCAP activities at the upcoming Sun 'n Fun fly-in:

Daily, Monday - Sunday -- "UCAP Daily" episodes recorded at random locations and times around the fly-in.
Tuesday, 5:30pm -ish -- Live recording of full UCAP episode on the deck at the SnF Radio building. (*)
Friday, 5:30pm -ish -- UCAP participating in the "Gathering of the Aviation Podcasters", Live on the SnF Radio Deck (*)
Saturday, 6pm-8pm -- UCAP Tailgater Meetup, location TBD (probably somewhere just outside the fly-in grounds.)
-- watch this forum, twitter @jackhodgson, and the UCAP Dailies, for location announcement.
Sunday, 10:30am -ish -- Live recording of full UCAP episode on the deck at the SnF Radio building. (*)

Throughout the fly-in there's a good probability of finding at least one of us hanging out on the front deck of SnF Radio -- especially during "Waffle Time" -- Please stop by and say Hi.

(*) These will be broadcast live on SnF Radio, and streamed on the internet at http://www.liveatc.net/snf

Navionpilot

Re: UCAP at Sun 'n Fun 2012

Postby Navionpilot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:46 am

See you guys there. Try and make the splash-in on Thursday over at Kermit's place.

Jonathan
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

jimg

Postby jimg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Friday March 23.

Just arrived in the Lakeland / Winter Haven area (KGIF) for upcoming SNF 2012. I've got a few days of local activity before the show starts Tuesday next week. Of course we'll look for one-and-all at the "radio porch." I'm especially looking forward to meeting up with UCAP at "random locations and times around the fly-in" -- spontaneity is a joyful thing!

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 pm

I'll keep an eye out for y'all.

rcigliano

Postby rcigliano » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:16 am

I will be there as well Friday through Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :D
Rob
Private Pilot SEL
FRG
Tecnam Eaglet

@RobertCigliano on Twitter
The New Pilot PodBlog Podcast
@NewPilotPodBlog on Twitter
http://thenewpilotpodblog.com

jimg

Postby jimg » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi, Everyone.

This afternoon the UCAP team recorded a 90 minute podcast as a "live" broadcast on Sun-n-Fun Radio 1510 AM. The venue was the front porch of the SNF Radio shack (not the chain store).

With camera at hand, I shot a few pictures and you may enjoy (or detest) them at: http://jimg.zenfolio.com/ucap

There is a password required, but the hint below the entry box will be more than enough aid for most UCAP listeners.

Jim G.

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:55 am

LOCATION ANNOUNCEMENT -- UCAP Sun 'n Fun Tailgate Meetup

We'll be holding the UCAP beer bust/tailgater next to the Sun 'n Fun Radio building on the SnF grounds. The radio station is at the intersection of Clubhouse and Voyager Paths, across from the Honda exhibit and also across from the Sunset Grill.

Come on by on Saturday evening between 6pm and 8pm.

// Jack

jimg

Postby jimg » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi, Everyone,

I've posted more pictures from Sun-n-Fun 2012. Same link as noted in the post above:

http://jimg.zenfolio.com/ucap

Also you'll find there pictures from other UCAP meetups and events I've attended (with a camera). Unfortunately I was unable to be at the UCAP meetup at SNF'12 as I had left the event on Friday (the day prior) to head down to Naples and Key West. Oh well, hope everyone had a great time. If anyone posts pictures, please let us know.

Jim G.
(twitter: pilotjimg)

crackle

Postby crackle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Well, despite being there, I managed to miss you guys at Airventure 2011 and Sun n Fun 2012. It's going to be a hat-trick as I'm probably going to miss Airventure 2012 with the Olympics occupying us in London this year.... :roll:

Just keep up the good work and the podcasts flowing.

PS. I worked out the other day I've listened more hours to your podcast than I've flown!

Christopher

Return to “Meetups”