UCAP at AirVenture

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Trish7

UCAP at AirVenture

Postby Trish7 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 am

Hi guys, just wondering if we can get a schedule of your "appearances" at AirVenture 2012. I know I've missed attending a couple in the past because of not knowing the when and where.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Patricia

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: UCAP at AirVenture

Postby jackhodgson » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 pm

What we're pretty sure of right now are these: EAA Radio live episodes of the podcast on Monday evening 6pm - 7:30, and Sunday morning 10am - 11:30. And the UCAP beer bust/tailgate party will again be Thursday evening 6-8. Location will probably be the same as the past two years: just outside the "Super 8 Gate" at the NW corner of the field. But we're looking around for a more "in the midst of things" location, stay tuned.

We'll also be doing UCAP Daily episodes throughout the week. But those are at unpredictable locations, so, we might find you, but you probably won't find us.

// Jack

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm disappointed to report that we were unable to schedule a UCAP Live Stage Show this year, as we have for the past few years on the EAA Welcome Center Stage. So if you've put that on your calendar, you now have an extra 90 minutes to look at airplanes.

As an alternate we will be recording a full episode during the UCAP Tiedown Party (aka Beer Bust) on Thursday evening. The Party begins at 6pm, the episode recording will begin around 7.

// Jack

Comanche Sue

Postby Comanche Sue » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Woo hoo! We'll be able to stop by to this time-honored event (as long as we get back to our airplane before they close the field). Woo hoo again! Sue

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:51 pm

See you there fellas.

Jonathan

aka. Navionpilot DBA. Pacerpilot
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

davidsflying

Postby davidsflying » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Looks like I'm coming Thursday to Sunday then (first Oshkosh for me).

champguy

Postby champguy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 am

The gate doesn't close, but the trams stop running. It's a long way back to the South Forty and Vintage Camping, but a nice ride if you can flag down a passing golf cart.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

jimg

Postby jimg » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

I plan to be there, weather gods permitting and all that. Champguy, I'll have an automobile and if you like will be able to drive you at least in the general direction of the south 40.

Looking forward to seeing you all in just over a week from now.

Jim

Trish7

Postby Trish7 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:11 pm

I'll be at the Thurs. evening gathering also. Have car - camping in Camp Scholler, so if anyone wants a ride let me know. Will have cell phone five 73-714-423 one. Be happy to give ride both or either way, just call me and we can set a meeting.

Patricia

WiredforFlight

Postby WiredforFlight » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:16 am

Plan on being there Saturday 21st until Sunday 29th. Cant wait to see good friends from all over. Looks like it will be a hot one this year though, so don't forget to pack extra clothing for the heat.

Return to “Meetups”