UCAP at AirVenture

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
turbo

Re: UCAP at AirVenture

Postby turbo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:22 pm

greetings from CT. i am getting the helo ready for the trip. leaving friday and planning on flying the south shore of lake erie. other than that we will see you there at camp scholler. thought i would ask jack to fly along but didnt think he could part with his car. will be parked at nw end of museum, helo parking, or ultralite /helo field.

will be attending Mentone indiana for the 50 year PRA celebration the week after osh. see you there.

summers s. windsor, ct/ winters stuart, fl RV-6/ R-44 / Gyroplane "The government is a body of people notably ungoverned." Image

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Hey, that sounds like a great adventure. When you say you're traveling friday do you mean the 20th? Whenever you arrive I'll look forward to see you.

// Jack

PS. What field is that in the pic? "Ryan Flying Co" "Curtiss" ??? Looks like a fun field.

turbo

Postby turbo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 am

jack, i will probably arrive on saturday. that is rhinebeck aerodrome. will try to keep you posted here.
summers s. windsor, ct/ winters stuart, fl RV-6/ R-44 / Gyroplane "The government is a body of people notably ungoverned." Image

mvbluegrassflyer

Postby mvbluegrassflyer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Wouldn't miss it for the world! Bringing another sweatshirt to sign- and Flying High Coffee for all!
Howard (Howie) Bruce Marlin AKA: Max Gross
Flying Musicians Association
USCG AUXAir D1NR
AOPA ASN for 1B2
Avitaionisland.info
Martha's Vineyard Community Services- DA24 Program Leader and Crisis Team member
508-687-0068

gprellwitz

Postby gprellwitz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:14 am

Bummed that I'm not going to be able to make it to the Thursday PM or Sunday AM events because of conflicting events commemorating Moxie Brinck! And the Monday PM recording conflicts with Steve Miller! :(
Hope to be able to meet up some other time during the week. We're hosting a dinner on Tuesday in Camp Scholler (Jambalaya and Veg. Chili is the probable menu) that you're invited to! PM or e-mail me for the details, or check out the thread over on PoA where I'll post the location once it's determined.
PP-ASEL-IA, AGI, IGI
AOPA ASN Volunteer - 1C5, Bolingbrook's Clow Int'l, IL
Lifeline Pilot volunteer

turbo

Postby turbo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:10 pm

is there a meetup scheduled this week? something about thursday. not for a podcast but a gathering.

JDpilot

Postby JDpilot » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:22 pm

I'd love to be able to follow AirVenture Today, but I can't find it on the web. Is it not published online? Does anyone know where the links are?

jackhodgson
Site Admin

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 am

The news stories you see here:

http://www.airventure.org/live/

...are mostly the stories that have appeared in AirVenture Today. You'll find my, Jeb, and Dave's stories there, though there's a bit of delay as the stories are converted and posted.

Lower down on that page are links to a "page flipper" flash app (if you can tolerate such things) that has each day's paper page-for-page.

// Jack

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:16 am

Based on all the tweets I've been seeing, I really missed a great time at the UCAP Tiedown Party (not to mention missing AirVenture itself...) :(

Remember, without pictures, it didn't happen! Hope someone will post a few somewhere and point us to them.
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

jackhodgson
Site Admin

Postby jackhodgson » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 pm

A lot of pic and video were being shot. We encouraged people to use the hashtag #ucaptiedown but I haven't seen anything yet.

I'm sure that Jim G. will be post pics eventually. He was the "official" tiedown photographer.

// Jack

Return to “Meetups”