#OSH13

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
jimg

Re: #OSH13

Postby jimg » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

I'll be there. Camping in Camp Scholler as usual. I'll be easy to find: just look for a tent. That's me.

And I'll look for all the UCAP fans at the Thursday afternoon gathering, hopefully as successful (or more!) than last year's.

To get hold of me during the show, try twitter to @pilotjimg Sometimes I see those if I can hear the phone's twitter alerts over all that gosh-darned airplane noise.

Jim

pilot_ngb

Postby pilot_ngb » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Are the UCAP team airing any podcasts during the week? I read about a fan meet up on Thursday. Any details? I won't arrive until 6pm Thursday.

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Neil,

UCAP typically broadcasts a full episode live on EAA radio on Monday (afternoon?) and again at the end of the week on Sunday morning to close out the show. Brief "daily" episodes are recorded ad hoc on other days.

But as you are arriving on Thursday evening, you MUST PROCEED DIRECTLY to the UCAP Tie-down Party!

It has typically been held near the "Super 8 Gate" on the far side of the North 40, where the fence runs close to the Super 8 parking lot. (on the Motel side of the fence)
http://goo.gl/maps/kRV8H

Looking forward to meeting you there!
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

AviatingEsquire

Postby AviatingEsquire » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi All,

My brother and I will heading to #OSH13 from Atlanta, Georgia via Delta. Anyone else flying out of ATL on Friday night? It'll be the first time in over twenty years (we started in strollers) that we'll make the "Privileged Pilgrimage" to Wisconsin without our Dad, who passed away earlier this year :cry: but we are very proud and excited to keep the tradition that he gave us alive.

Per the usual plan, we'll be flying in on Friday night (can't get off work earlier) to enjoy a night of fine German food in Milwaukee (@Karl's). Up early on Saturday to arrive when the gates open at "Graceland," so we can spend all day hangin' around the Field and hitting up the lectures, then off to Green Bay for the Packer's Family Night game. Sunday, we'll be back in OSH for the morning to pay our respects to our Dad's spot on the Memorial Wall, and then Sunday afternoon we're off to explore Madison (little brother may want to go to grad. school there). As always, can't wait to get to #OSH --Wisconsin here we come! :D

Looking forward to seeing all of you, and maybe next year we'll be able to take-off in time for the official "un-official" meetup on Thursday night.

Fly safe,
/s/ AviatingEsquire

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I'll be posting this on the UCAP homepage soon, but here's an update on the UCAP at OSH13 stuff.

The biggest (and really only) change from past years is that we've decided to combine the Preview episode (which we used to record before leaving for Oshkosh) with the Monday night episode. We'll be recording that one episode on Friday afternoon before the show starts. EAA Radio won't be running at that time, so we'll be doing it on our own. When I know the location I'll post it, but I also know that few people will have arrived by then.

We will be doing our "UCAP Dailys" most every day from various locations around the grounds.

The Tie-down Party will be Thursday from 6pm - 8pm. Probably at its regular location at the "Super 8 Motel Gate" which is also where the AirVenture shuttle bus stops. If that location changes I'll post it on the UCAP home page. All UCAP listeners are welcome, please join us.

Finally, we will be doing our usual Sunday morning show, from a very cool new location (which I'm not sure I'm allowed to identify yet), but I will as soon as I can.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Oshkosh.

// Jack

COFlyer

Postby COFlyer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:39 pm

I missed OSH for the first time in quite a while last year, so am really looking forward to OSH13. I'll be arriving on Tuesday afternoon and leaving Saturday morning, so will miss the UCAP podcasts but not the meet up. See you all there!
States I've flown in:

cherokeeflyer

Postby cherokeeflyer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Going to miss OSH2013 and the meet up because of media work in Europe. Have a FAB time people. The podcast is keeping me connected to GA issues while on assignment.

Simon H - Cherokee Flyer
real pilots learn to fly in a Cessna and then buy a Piper Cherokee.

pilot_ngb

Postby pilot_ngb » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 pm

I will be there from about 6:30pm Thursday providing my plane isn't late into Appleton. I will be wearing my @pilot_ngb t-shirt!

mvbluegrassflyer

Postby mvbluegrassflyer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 am

Looking for a rideshare from the BOS PVD area to OSH Sunday to Sunday. Dates/time are flexible. Please forward any leads. Howie Marlin 508-687-0068 Martha's Vineyard. I"m not into bald angry brother-in-laws, but sounds like a good time!
Howard (Howie) Bruce Marlin AKA: Max Gross
Flying Musicians Association
USCG AUXAir D1NR
AOPA ASN for 1B2
Avitaionisland.info
Martha's Vineyard Community Services- DA24 Program Leader and Crisis Team member
508-687-0068

plutocrat03

Postby plutocrat03 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 am

Any magic about getting on and off the grounds at the Super 8 gate?

Return to “Meetups”