Rhinebeck Meetup?

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Aviator1929

Rhinebeck Meetup?

Postby Aviator1929 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:27 pm

I'll be working the shows Sept 6-8 at Rhinebeck Aerodrome. If any other UCAP listeners are around, stop by and say hi. It is the model airplane jamboree, so in addition to the full-scale show, there will be large scale rc aircraft flying all weekend. Airshows are 1300 to 1600 local Saturday and Sunday, with rc flying the rest of the day...

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: Rhinebeck Meetup?

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:57 pm

That sounds great. Thanks for the invite. One day I hope to visit there, but this time is no-joy. I'm back on the road for work on the 7th.

// Jack

N5725Z

Re: Rhinebeck Meetup?

Postby N5725Z » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Wow! I haven't flown into there in many years, at one time I was a regular flying my Colt in bringing Earl Hall who at the time was the official photographer at Rhinebeck. I used to tell him, were getting fatter, the plane is getting older and the trees taller! And if he kept bringing more equipment we would soon have to fly in and out of Kingston :lol: Had many great weekends there camping under the wing, good friends and good times. Still think of Cole often he truly was "the clever one". Those days I was based at KIAG.
sworn to fun loyal to none!

Return to “Meetups”