Wichita-area Meet Up...

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
macswindell

Re: Wichita-area Meet Up...

Postby macswindell » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 am

I'm interested. Trying hard to free-up a Saturday am for Ponca City anyway - Dave, are you a regular at PNC?

I'll watch (& listen) for the details regarding the Meet-Up.

Mac Swindell
Sundance Airpark - KHSD

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:45 am

Mac -- used to be a regular at PNC...back when we still owned an airplane; but have fallen off the habit recently and would like to resurrect...unfortunately, with work travel that's lined up, PNC for the first-Saturday-of-the-month breakfast probably isn't in the cards for me until June...April and May both have conflicts already.

And Nick, just saw the owner behind the upcoming Hangar One Steakhouse yesterday and think I'd like to give him room to get the kinks out before trying it as a meet-up place...

So for the moment, Wichita Meet-Up prospects, am leaning toward the Stick & Rudder Club at Savute's restaurant on North Broadway...or, if a location very near an airport is preferred, the Wright Brothers Bar inside the Best Western just off Wichita Mid-Continent...

Shooting for March 25...how's that work? Let me know here ASAP so I can make some sort of pronouncement on our next session we're recording this week...

Happy landings!

Dave

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Dave Higdon wrote:Shooting for March 25...how's that work?

Y'all have fun without me! Maybe I'll catch you guys at a PNC fly-in one of these days.

nickm1622

Postby nickm1622 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:05 pm

I believe I can make the 25th pending it is after 5:00...

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:19 pm

OK, here we go:

Wednesday, March 25

Starting about 5:30 at
Savute's Stick 'n Rudder Club
3303 North Broadway
Wichita, 67219

Good bar, know the owner Pete, and we'll see more than a few other aviation folks who aren't UCAP listeners...I'll make a sign to ID the group photo...

Planing on staying about 90 minutes or so -- long enough for a couple of brews and some good conversation...

Be lookin' for ya'll...

Dave

tonycondon

Postby tonycondon » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Ill be there.

Nick - you did get me on Skype, but i dont have it on this computer. Email me if you like. abcondon@gmail.com

tonycondon

Postby tonycondon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:08 am

rats, now im out. but i have a good excuse, im going flying out to stearman field so that i can start instructing there. only time i could get in with the owner was tonight. catch you guys next time.

PropFan

Postby PropFan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 am

Hope the meetup is a success. I'll be there in spirit. Hope to have my PP certificate by the time the next meetup rolls around. KC to Dead Cow should be a fun little hop.

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 am

KC to Dead Cow is a nice cruise...Flint Hills between Emporia and El Dorado are something to see; cruising parallel to I-35 through the Hills is something of a site...you'll get a nice crossing of Wichita, vectored a little by Mid-Continent Approach according to what winds and traffic are doing at Jabara, Beech, and McConnell...and you'll get a fairly close look at ICT...look forward to seeing ya on another occasion...

Tony -- only a fair <excuse> but wholly acceptable...hope it's a decent evening for you...

As for the rest, see you this evening at The Stick & Rudder Club...

Dave

nickm1622

Postby nickm1622 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:43 pm

Dave,

I just wanted to thank you again for setting this up. I am sure we will get a better turn out as time goes on, but I think it was successful... More than one person was there... Beer was consumed... Flying was discussed... The only thing missing was the Leinies and it sounds like they will be adding that soon.. That is a successful party in my mind. Thanks again!

Return to “Meetups”