Airventure Oshkosh Meetup

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
jimg

Re: Airventure Oshkosh Meetup

Postby jimg » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi,

Three weeks seems like long range planning to me... in other words, I have no idea yet whether I'll arrive there by Sunday. But whatever everyone wants/decides will be just fine! Not everyone will have terrific internet access out there on the field, so we'll have to give some thought to communications if we defer a scheduling decision until Airventure starts. I'm flexible; hope everyone else is as well.

Jim

JHWellington

Postby JHWellington » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:53 am

I will be there Sunday with two other guys. I will also be leaving Wed. morning (work commitments -- damn job!) so I would prefer a meeting earlier rather than later. Perhaps we'll have enough attendees for two meeting -- one early in the week and one later?

jimg

Postby jimg » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Well, I waited a few days to reply hoping others would chime in.

Jack H: if you see this, please give a plug on the podcast for listeners who will be at Airventure to come make their voices heard here if they have an interest in our meetup schedule.

Jim

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:06 am

Jim, thanks for your help in organizing this.

FWIW, I'm planning on attending any/all of the meetups that happen.

The Sunday thing sounds like a great start. I also think that there should be at least one later in the week too. OSH attendees these days seem to falling into two groups: those who attend the first half of the week, and those who attend for the last half.

jimg

Postby jimg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the input, Jack.

Let me put the following out there as a possibility that is becoming more defined. Unless we're terribly off, let's try to just fine tune these. We won't please everyone, but Jack's suggestion that Airventure goers tend to be divided between "early in the week" and "late in the week" suggests the following:

Two meetups. One early in Airventure, one later on.

Sunday evening July 26 at 6:00 pm. Location TBD.

Thursday early evening July 30 at 5:30 pm.
Possible location: Navionpilot's (Jonathan's) offer of EAA Chapter 974's mini-camp within Camp Sholler. Another
possibility is that we could crash into "Firebase Airspeed" in Camp Sholler (we could, of course, ask first...)

Jim

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Sounds fun. I will be flying in on Saturday. Jack, Could we get an email list going for the participents? That way once details are worked out we could email the group...... I'm sure most of us have a way to access our email.

Jonathan
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Here is where EAA 974 camps, we could have one meetup here.

campsite.jpg
EAA 974 Campsite
campsite.jpg (172.12 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

turbo

Postby turbo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:47 pm

seems like there should be 2 events during the week. one early, one late. twice as much fun for some. the eaa chapter offer sounds great. the people make these events the most fun. hope to be flying my dad out in the R-44 then points west. ps best dressed pilot?
summers s. windsor, ct/ winters stuart, fl RV-6/ R-44 / Gyroplane "The government is a body of people notably ungoverned." Image

Damia

Postby Damia » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:55 am

Two meetups better than one! I support the proposed dates or whatever you like. It will be my first OSH and I have no opinion of my own. It would be great if you keep us informed by mail, as I am travelling now and have little access to internet.

Thanks to those who organise it.
Damià - LEMH

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:42 am

Turbo, that shirt definitely stands out!

Even more so than Jeb's UCAP-staff design "Voices. In. Head" design...we'll be wearing those after hours at OSH...

As for meet-ups, gonna do my best to stop by whatever you great folks schedule...working around work, of course...looking forward to seeing as many as you as possible...

Dave

Return to “Meetups”