Airventure Oshkosh Meetup

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
Navionpilot

Re: Airventure Oshkosh Meetup

Postby Navionpilot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Jack, I think this is a decision that needs to be made by the UCAP world HQ. Either place is good, just let me know if it is in Camp scholler so I can make arrangements. Just a thought, the CP will be packed and pretty loud on Sunday......However, it is a great place so we should for sure go there at least once during OSH.

Jonathan
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

jimg

Postby jimg » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:56 am

Jack,

I second the motion.

As Jonathan says, please make the decision and let us know.

Thanks,
Jim G

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:41 am

Oh, the pressure! :-)

OK, well, I think it would be fun to do at least one of these in Camp Scholler. So let's do the Sunday evening one at the Charcoal Pit, and the Thursday one at the EAA974 campsite.

In an earlier post Jonathan included a map to the EAA974 campsite. When I get to town I'll put up more detailed directions, maybe with pics and landmarks.

See you all there.

jimg

Postby jimg » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:56 am

Good morning on Sunday, the day before Airventure opens. With some luck and VMC weather, I'm hoping to make it to Oshkosh today. Forecast is 40% prob of rain & TS, so who knows...

Meanwhile, I just checked the wiki page

http://www.uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/doku.php?id=osh09meetups

and I see five people tentative for this evening's meetup at the Charcoal Pit restaurant. Looking forward to that assuming we get there!

The next listed meetup is also set for the Charcoal Pit. As I talk with folks this week, I'm going to ask whether either that gathering or an additional and as-yet unplanned gathering might be situated at the Camp Scholler home of MyTransponder (13th & Lindbergh), where Airspeed and the Pilot's Flight Pod Log will also be hanging out. If you're at Airventure and have an interest, mark the wiki page

http://www.uncontrolledairspace.com/wiki/doku.php?id=osh09meetups

Jim G

Or call me via the phone num listed thereupon.

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23ucap

jimg

Postby jimg » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:28 am

See the Wiki pages for recent updates, as of Wed July 29.

Most current via twitter: follow jackhodgson or pilotjimg

Jim

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Wow, folks, what fun seeing, meeting and chatting with all of you who graced us and honored us by getting together under our banner/excuse ;) ...just wish that schedules allowed us to spend more quality time with each group...

But truly feel honored and appreciated that you folks pulled these together in the first place...so an humble "thank you" is the best I can muster...everything else would just turn into jet exhaust -- you know, loud, hot air rushing by and pushing on...

Thanks!

Dave

Return to “Meetups”