Sun 'N Fun

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
BladeDoc

Sun 'N Fun

Postby BladeDoc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:45 pm

I got back from Sun 'n Fun '09 on Saturday afternoon -- what a great time! Planes, planes flying around upside down, planes flying around upside down in formation and on Friday night planes flying around in the dark with fireworks shooting out of their wings :D

The best part though was getting to meet Jack Hodgson and Dave Higdon at the Sun 'n Fun radio station and the myTransponder meet (tweet)-up. A convivial time was had by all.

Anyone else there?

pilottony

Re: Sun 'N Fun

Postby pilottony » Fri May 22, 2009 9:00 pm

Hey ucapers,I also got to meet the guys at sun n fun,and jack introduced me to will hawkins,and jason smith.O yea also linnies!! I loved them and i have found them at my local walmart. I was able to introduce the guys to some of my friend ,from the aerobatic side! They also got rides. That made my day! I hope my wife and i can make oshkosh, and i can introduce DAVE, JACK, and JEB to more of my friends from the flight line. I am located south of mobile alabama and if anyone is interested in a meet up, my home airport is perfect for this. It is 5r7 roy e ray. If anyone is interested let me know! have a good one TONY

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Sat May 23, 2009 12:37 am

Yes. Tony is the guy who will never pay for a beer if Jeb or I are in the room. He's the one who hooked us up with the Aeroshell Aerobatics Team and got us rides at Sun n Fun.

Thanks again Tony. See you in OSH for the next round.

-- Jack

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Sun May 24, 2009 11:02 am

pilottony wrote: I am located south of mobile alabama and if anyone is interested in a meet up, my home airport is perfect for this. It is 5r7 roy e ray. If anyone is interested let me know! have a good one TONY

Dang! I was actually in Mobile (working my butt off) this past week. That would have been a welcome diversion. Oh well, I'll probably be back there within the next 6 months anyway. I'm sure my boss is eyeballing mid August. bla!

David Allen

Postby David Allen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:23 am

I enjoyed meeting everyone at the myTransponder meetup, too. That was just a wonderful time. And thanks to Ace and ForeFlight for paying for dinner! I'm hoping to make it to Osh, but that is still up in the air...

Return to “Meetups”