Polk county area meetup? thats Central FL

Postings about organizing, and reporting on, informal gatherings of UCAP listeners.
hunter

Re: Polk county area meetup? thats Central FL

Postby hunter » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Soccer-Jock wrote:Me too!
(except, being the lowly pauper I am, I'm at the mercy of my FBO's rental plane being available. It usually isn't too much of a problem.) :D

Where did you have in mind? Is ZPH central enough? Great airport, restaurant on site, Cheap gas, plus Skydive and glider OPs make for some visual interest.
Gilbert field in Winter Haven isn't too bad (never been.) but at least it's out of the convoluted mess in and around Orlando.

ZPH is pretty central I would say, not too far for me at least. Do we have enough people interested here to do this guys? \

(and I feel your pain soccer jock, I am also at the mercy of rental plane availability...)
As UCAP has taught me: "Time spent flying is not subtracted from your lifespan".

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:23 am

Not being able to attend due to regional limitations I still feel the need to offer some options having grown up at BOW and instructed from GIF....
BOW has a nice airport eatery and a nice Aviation History Museum for when BOW was a WWII training base. SEF also has an airport food joint. LAL no longer has food and I don't think that GIF has food either...... they do have a seaplane base. Enjoy the meetup and have fun..... we did at OSH and I think the meetups proved to Dave, Jack, and Jeb that there are more than 3 1/2 listeners. :-)

Jonathan aka. Navionpilot
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

Soccer-Jock

Postby Soccer-Jock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 am

Jonathan, I'd being interested in meeting you. A friend of mine - Tim Bright - owns and flies a restored NAVION. He hangers it at CLW.
Don't fly with an empty seat! Save a save life with Canine Rescue Flights

Proudly supporting LiveATC.net, uploading for St. Petersburg - Clearwater (KPIE). Click to Listen

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:56 pm

I'm not that exciting..... ask Jack.
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Two of the most exciting things I did at OSH this year were with NavionPilot... plus we went for a couple of airplane rides! <rimshot!>

hunter

Postby hunter » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:04 pm

What?! Free rides....?!? :D
As UCAP has taught me: "Time spent flying is not subtracted from your lifespan".

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 pm

jackhodgson wrote:Two of the most exciting things I did at OSH this year were with NavionPilot... plus we went for a couple of airplane rides! <rimshot!>

Nice, you got me on that one.

Jonathan

David Allen

Postby David Allen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:38 am

I'm still in for a meetup in the Central Florida area. It sounds like BOW might not be a bad choice. I'm still open for others. Titusville is out, though, I want to avoid both of those airports like the plague, thank you very much.

Comanche Sue

Postby Comanche Sue » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:00 am

I'm in.

Fort Pierce (sweet potato pancakes, good view of the ramp), Vero (good food, some good views) or Winter Haven (new restaurant, good coffee, marginal views) are all good choices. Sebring and OBE work too. I'm pretty flexible on destination so whatever works for others. I don't require reasons to fly but a restaurant destination with people to talk airplane with is a great reason.

My airplane is at SEF at the moment...should be done with the annual by the end of the month. I'll be more likely to attend with an airplane than without.

David Allen

Postby David Allen » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:35 pm

If we end up at FPR or VRB, I'll definitely be there. Both of these are east coast airports, and I would have no problem getting to a meetup at either. I'm still available for pretty much anything in Central Florida.

Return to “Meetups”