BIG GUYS REJOICE!!!!!(or at least take note....)

BIG GUYS REJOICE!!!!!(or at least take note....)

Postby BudgetFreePilot » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 pm ... 3319d8a7e&

Let me began by saying that this is not an attempt to crusade for the acceptance of an unhealthy lifestyle. It just so happens that some of us are not as svelte as we were when we were younger or would like to be and it's encouraging to know that we have been at least considered in the development of LSA aircraft. I, for one, am excited at the thought that a guy my size has Sport Pilot certificate options. I don't mean to sound like an old skinflint, but if I could learn to fly for half the price of a PPL, all the while accumulating hours toward it, that would be the aviation equivalent of earning a Bachelor's degree at a four year institution, after doing my first two years in Junior college for less tuition.

Okay okay, the savings might not be that great, and from what I've heard from LSA guru Paul Hamilton, there is a very specific circumstance that actually allows you to count your Sport Pilot training towards your PPL. It's based on the designation of your flight Instructor. whatever the case, the Sports Pilot certificate currently meets the needs I have to soar the skies and is more affordable so the useful load in these planes is great news to me. I will be a private Pilot eventually, but this is a step closer to being licensed to fly.

Now, to find a school nearby with one of these babies....

Huey Pilot

Re: BIG GUYS REJOICE!!!!!(or at least take note....)

Postby Huey Pilot » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 pm

You may want to now look at the Rans S-6 series. Saw them at Airventure this year and they have a 620 and 645 lb useful load (depending on which variant you build). And it qualifies as an E-LSA.

Re: BIG GUYS REJOICE!!!!!(or at least take note....)

Postby LNSflyer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Check out the BRM Aero Bristell. Fast, sleek LSA with a high usefull load. The inside cabin width is wider than any Cirrus aircraft built, so there is plenty of room.
Student Pilot flying an Evektor SportStar out of KLNS.

Return to “Light Sport Aviation/Sport Pilot”