The "Best" LSA for a Flying Club?

TheChartLady

Re: The "Best" LSA for a Flying Club?

Postby TheChartLady » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi Topilot -- I'm looking for the "rest of the story". How have your plans for a flying club been coming along? I noticed that your last post on this was a while ago.

I'm in a fairly large flying club here in NC (at KTTA near Raleigh). We've been thinking about the same subject. What kind of trainer do we want for the future?

We currently have 4 152s with *basic* 6 pack instruments (VFR only) that are starting to show their age. Our IFR trainers are 2 Warriors and 2 moderately new 172s. So far, we haven't seen too much on the used LSA market that inspires confidence for long term viability as trainers.

I am quite interested in what you decide on. Let us KNOW! :D

Jan
The Chart Lady --

Jan Squillace
"Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape".

lucaberta

Re: The "Best" LSA for a Flying Club?

Postby lucaberta » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Topilot,

glad to hear that the Tecnam choice came your way. I am from and live in Italy, and Tecnam is by far the most common plane you can find in the LSA schools in the country. More often than not you'll find the high-wing P92 (called the P2002 in the US) but the P96 (the P2006 you tried) is also very popular.

Now that Piper will be selling the CZAW plane with the Rotax engine, I am wondering if finally the last pundits who forced Cessna to use an old-style engine line the O320 have finally understood what gem of an engine a Rotax 912 is...

Ciao, Luca
Luca Bertagnolio, CPL/ASEL/AMEL/ASES/IR

US States I've overflown or flown in:

Return to “Light Sport Aviation/Sport Pilot”