Podcast Info Links

All kinds of crucially important info for all UCAP Listeners. Not really.
Landis

Podcast Info Links

Postby Landis » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Jack,

I've noticed on my iPhone that the podcast usually displays some textual info while it's playing - usually just a bit of generic info about UCAP in general. Might I suggest/request that you add a link in that note to the show notes. That way if I'm listening on my iPhone I can just click the link and go directly to the show notes so that I might watch the video that you inevitably discuss? :)

Thanks,
Landis

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: Podcast Info Links

Postby jackhodgson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 am

Hmmm. That's an interesting suggestion. I hadn't realized that that info was "clickable". I'll look into it.

// Jack

Landis

Postby Landis » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:27 pm

jackhodgson wrote:Hmmm. That's an interesting suggestion. I hadn't realized that that info was "clickable". I'll look into it.

Depends on your device of course, but I've seen links on several NPR podcasts. First time I clicked them I was pleasantly surprised and would find it extremely helpful for your podcasts. If you really want to go the extra mile you could make your podcasts "enhanced" with photos popping up at the appropriate moments of the show. Now that would really be awesome. But I think you would probably like to have *some* free time outside of keeping us entertained for free. :)

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:11 am

Yeah, I'm familiar with the "enhanced" podcasts. I'd love to see UCAP with those capabilities, but there are a couple of challenges.

First, as you say, "enhancing" an audio podcast is a pretty labor intensive process.

Second, last time I checked, the "enhanced" features were only available to listeners using an iOS device, or listening in iTunes. Although that's a large percentage of our listeners, it's not all.

It's most likely that the main, 80 minute, audio UCAP program, will continue as it always had. But we may begin to create additional, more focussed, more feature-full, programs which are presented separately.

Time will tell.

Return to “Podcast Housekeeping”