Is the UCAP Podcast too long ?????

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
Tim_A

Re: Is the UCAP Podcast too long ?????

Postby Tim_A » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:48 am

[New guy]Hi everyone! :D [/new guy]

I walk into town and back each day (my "commute"), and the podcast nicely fits two days' walking. That leaves 3 days for the other guys (although The Finer Points barely gets me beyond the end of the street!) There's a definite feeling of "Oh, that sucks" if I leave the house and there are no un-listened to segments on my iPod!

Keep it up! 8-)

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:39 pm

dcfly wrote:Too lonG?!?! Are you kidding?!?! My most-disliked phrase in the podcast is "allotted time." I wish everyone could just forget the entire concept of "allotted time" and just talk 'til you can't talk no more. "Allotted time" is for radio shows and broadcast TV, but podcasting makes the entire concept obsolete. I listen to each episode over 2-3 commutes and look forward to each "leg" of my commute so I can pick up where I left off.

DON'T shorten it. If anything, let it keep going..... That's my two cents.

Well, dcfly, that's two cents we're gonna put in the kitty...no, not the pet :lol:

From the way we've been going, we're gonna have to agree to splitting the difference...pretty sure that where we are is about where we're gonna stay -- 70, 80 minutes, maybe 90 with special guests or events...Going on as long as we could go works no better here than when we're hangar flying at a real hangar -- like Deadcow's, for example...eventually, we get tired, run out of drinks, need food, have to work and earn bucks so we can get more drinks go back to the hangar, fly more and then drink those beverages hangar flying again...too much of even a good thing faces limitations...

That said...rest assured, friend, we're highly unlikely to get much briefer :roll: unlikely on even a slow-topic week and we haven't had any of those lately...

So thanks for the timeline endorsement...oops...looks like my time is up ;)

Tootyscooty2

Postby Tootyscooty2 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:19 am

Hi,
Please please please don't make the show any shorter. Also, please don't try and keep it to a max time too much. I love the show so much. It's the best aviation podcast I have ever heard! Please keep up the great work guys!!!

Thanks,

Tootyscooty2 :)
Alex Lloyd
Flight Simmer,
Aviation nut,
When there ain't no UCAP podcast to listen to,
I get in a rut!

RPittman

Postby RPittman » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:07 pm

No the UCAP is not too long. For those of you that have only a 40 minute drive. I love to listen to the guys at UCAP when I have my 1.5 hour drive. You do not hear me saying to extend the show. Leave the show just like it is. It is a great show.

Soccer-Jock

Postby Soccer-Jock » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:04 pm

NOPE! Keep it the way it is. An average of 1:20 is just right for my commute (morning and night).

ninaortega

Postby ninaortega » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 pm

No, not too long at all! The longer the better! I am going to be sad when I get caught up with listening to past UCAP podcasts and I am down to only one per week or so.

Nina

NeedaMooney

Postby NeedaMooney » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:22 pm

The podcast is definitely not too long. Even with trying to catch up on the backlist, and listening to another half-dozen or so podcasts, I'd much rather have more podcast, not less, so by all means don't shorten it.

svmelb

Postby svmelb » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:25 pm

I'll go along with what most people are saying here. Perhaps you could liken it to the Goldilocks storys....Not too short, not too long, but just right!

I wouldn't like it to be any shorter, and anyone who's even done some "real" hanger flying knows that 90 mins can be a real short session!

My only suggestion is that the welcome and introductions can come in too far into the podcast. Sometimes they can go 20 plus mins before introducing the show. Thats OK if you listen every week, but it would be a little confusing for first timers.

Cheers and keep up the great work!

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Be careful what you wish for.

Has anyone noticed that since this thread got started, the length of the podcast has INCREASED from 1:20 to 1:40 or more!

swamppilot

Postby swamppilot » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:07 am

For me UCAP is a much-preferred choice over my other commute options. Honestly, three 1:20 minutes shows a week would not be too much for me. I can’t thank the Guys enough. I know it is a huge comment to keep the podcast going week after week.

Return to “Listener Mail”