Lone Chopper Pilot

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
stonemanvideo

Lone Chopper Pilot

Postby stonemanvideo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Am I the only helicopter pilot among the crowd here? I love the podcast and really enjoy hearing you guys talking about your aircrafts. The cool thing for me is that all of the content isn't fixed-wing specific. A lot of the subject matter applies to anything that flies. Keep up the good work, and I hope to to see some of you In Ponca City for some pancakes.
Dustin Stone
Tulsa, Ok

LimaBravo

Re: Lone Chopper Pilot

Postby LimaBravo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:17 am

Dustin!

I think I have *heard* a few other rotor guys out there, and good to hear you are listening in !

Don't forget I"m first in line for the Chopper ride. What are you flying? You are welcome to come along in the Warrior too! Hope to catch you at the fly in....

tonycondon

Postby tonycondon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:28 am

not a helicopter pilot, but wish I had the money to do it. I used to be terrified of the whirling blades of death but have been educated by a couple helo pilots on other forums and really have a good grasp for the physics of the situation. Its fascinating! Im taking a V/STOL class this semester so now I will be able to do all the math too, yippee! I've got a buddy who just got his Private Rotorcraft in an R22 and has been flying 22's and 44's training for his commercial. He needs about 30 more hours until insurance will let him take passengers but I intend to be first in line!

stonemanvideo

Postby stonemanvideo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:27 pm

Right now I am flying an R44. I got my private in an R22. I only have about 80 hours flying, But if I could log time from the back seat of a jet ranger I would have hundreds of hours. I have always loved flying but I didn't want the schedule of a commercial fixed wing pilot. I like being home every night and I know it takes a while to get to that point in planes. Then my first ride in a news helicopter and I was hooked. I signed up for lessons with in a few months and had my rating 6months after that. Now I am just getting every minute I can. Oh, LimaBravo, I will see what I can do about that ride. Sounds like fun.

zeroechoecho

Postby zeroechoecho » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 pm

stonemanvideo wrote:Am I the only helicopter pilot among the crowd here? I love the podcast and really enjoy hearing you guys talking about your aircrafts. The cool thing for me is that all of the content isn't fixed-wing specific. A lot of the subject matter applies to anything that flies. Keep up the good work, and I hope to to see some of you In Ponca City for some pancakes.
Dustin Stone
Tulsa, Ok

I've enjoyed the podcast each week as well. I've been listening since episode 7 or 8.

Good to see another chopper pilot on the forum, Dustin. Are you aware of this site: http://www.robinsonhelicopters.org

Keep Patrick in line!

Bruce

LimaBravo

Postby LimaBravo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:40 pm

stoneman!

Sounds great. I will cheerfully trade with you, but I don't know what equipment I'll have if they pull the hangar-cast fly-in together. Depends on the dates for who I can con into going with me! If nothing else I will be sure to pick up the tab for the chopper ride....

I am delighted to see more heli pilots coming to the forum.....

See you soon.

stonemanvideo

Postby stonemanvideo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Hey Bruce, Keeping Patrick in line can be difficult. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been too busy not flying.

Return to “Listener Mail”