I hate airplane noise or My Daughter, GA and Me part 2...

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
ronargo

I hate airplane noise or My Daughter, GA and Me part 2...

Postby ronargo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:56 pm

I had to share the latest in my adventure with my daughter and GA...

My parents live very close to a small private airport in West Ga. My dad took his 1st plane ride there as a small boy when it was a grass strip and it included horseback riding and other family activities, I took my 1st plane ride at the same airport with the pilots son who took my dad up.. so any way... a few days ago while her and I were laying in the grass in the front yard at my dad's house watching the GA planes making there final approach, trying to identify each Cessna, Cirrus or Cub that came over and listening to the pilots on our portable transceiver, my Daughter turned to me and with the most serious face and voice announced to me that she "hated the sound of airplane engines and the noise they made as they flew over...."

My heart just sunk... I could not believe my ears .. Had not we been laughing and talking about the planes just a few seconds ago as she excitedly laid the blanket out on the grass? Did she not just set the transceiver to the correct freq to hear the pilot chatter? Had she not smiled brightly as a new LSA flew over? What in the world could have happened? I gathered my wits about me and I asked her why did she hate the noise and held my breath.. I was prepared for anything except for what she said..

She smiled and said" Because if I hear them fly over it means that I am not in one flying and I just HATE that"

I laid back down and smiled and enjoyed the day watching airplanes fly over...Until she decided that she had enough watching and pulled out her RC Plane and started flying it... and I realized that just like my daughter, I too hate hearing a plane fly over... :)

ronargo

Re: I hate airplane noise or My Daughter, GA and Me part 2...

Postby ronargo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you for the mention in the podcast. You guys made our day!!!!!!!!!!

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: I hate airplane noise or My Daughter, GA and Me part 2...

Postby jackhodgson » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Our pleasure. Thanks for sharing the story with us.

-- Jack

Return to “Listener Mail”