Guilty about using the UCAP forums...

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
Punky

Guilty about using the UCAP forums...

Postby Punky » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:20 am

I feel somewhat guilty... I've been using the UCAP forums to keep people on top of revisions and that sort of thing for the flight planning software (free) that some of us have been talking about and using.

If the UCAP guys come back (after reading this) telling me they actually want support for the Flight Planning software to continue on the forums, then this becomes a moot point... but... on the assumption that this might be a slight abuse of their forums I think it's best I stop announcing updates here.

For anyone using the software, if you want to be kept in the loop on revisions or want to submit comments/suggestions/feature requests, email me and I'll put you on a email list for the program. The list is not for marketing or anything like that at all and it's not on a list server, it will be used just for me sending out update notices to everyone from the laptop.

Of course if the UCAP guys and their readers/listeners want me to continue with update notices here, and if it makes sense, perhaps a forum specifically assigned for the software might be warranted?

Dave

LimaBravo

Re: Guilty about using the UCAP forums...

Postby LimaBravo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 pm

Punky, did you get my email? If not PM me.

I definitely would love to keep current on your updates and enhancements!

I actually have this running on my palm with DocsToGo and although the screen is way too small, I can still do routes and W&B.

Love it!

Madmax

Postby Madmax » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:48 am

I woud suggest to Jack thathe set up a topic in the forum something along the lines of

"Pimp your Plane"

a forum where we can post websites that we may run (I run two aviation sites, well three I guess) I just don't post them here,

also it would be a great arena to post/link phots of people's first solos or other aviation related images.

Of course, for your specific product I would suggest you just keep updating ONE topic, and put the version in the subject line rather than start a new topic everytime. it would be less overpowering.

YMMV
Sum Ergo Cogito —

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 am

It might be fun to see what other people are flying. Maybe that belongs in the intro area.

Punky

Postby Punky » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Hey Guys.
LB - no - I didn't get your message... spam filter caught it perhaps?

I had an email exchange with UCAP, I can't speak for them but basically UCAP can't really have any involvement with the Flight Planner software for fear of endorsement and liability issues.

I totally agree with them, and I think I honestly came close to over stepping the line when I made that initial post to begin with. UCAP has been very gracious though, and so while they can not support it, they have no problem with people having discussions about it within the same context as anything flight related is discussed.

Just a reminder - the Flight Planner software is still beta - it shouldn't be used as a primary flight planning tool - but rather a back up or a quick and dirty "what-if" program as a prelude to your own flight planning. :-)

People who want to stay abreast of updates can email me at
punky@interlog.com

Dave

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Sorry, for the delay on jumping in on this thread.

As Dave/Punky says, we exchanged some emails about this and I think we're all on the same page.

Put simply, we have no problem with the conversation about this flight planner that has been going on here. From the reports we've read, it sounds like it's a good thing, and we applaud Dave for his work.

But, having said that, we need to be clear that UCAP has not evaluated this flight planner, and we're making no comment about its qualities. As always, each pilot needs to look closely at this kind of thing, and determine if it's working for you.

We wish Punky good luck with this project.

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:46 pm

jackhodgson wrote:We wish Punky good luck with this project.

That's why we like y'all.

Madmax

Postby Madmax » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:30 am

PilotBillFromTexas wrote:That's why we like y'all.

I like them too, genious, putting the rudder foward of the kingpost.

A Yawl Rigged sailboat
Sum Ergo Cogito —

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:18 pm

Am I mizzen something? I didn't ketch that.

champguy

Postby champguy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:07 pm

I didn't think anyone here would know about rudderposts being forward or aft of the mizen mast. I ketch y'all gettn a bit squirly.
Now, about tail wheels getting in front of the mains. There's those who have, and those who will. Been there, done that, don't want to go there again.
Happy Feet y'all
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Listener Mail”