Senator Inhofe - Again

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
champguy

Re: Senator Inhofe - Again

Postby champguy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 am

I'm not sure how the FAA is going to both control pilots, for "safety" of course, and also encourage new pilots and more free use of the airspace infastructure. The goals are inherently contradictory.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Dansmusic

Postby Dansmusic » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:22 pm

The good Senator...

Aero-TV: Senator James Inhofe - Taking On The Bureaucracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGoyssMEpw&feature=g-all-u

Dan G

cozy171bh

Postby cozy171bh » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:23 am

UCAP Gang,

I am hopeful that there will be much to benefit civil aviation with this law, and am particularly interested to see the NOTAM process overhauled, but in the near term life can get messy for some pilots. I was at a safety meeting with a bunch of ATC and FSDO FAA folks last week. Nice people, but they are not entirely sure how to act. With respect to pilot enforcement and the processing of medical waivers, pilots will see the system grind to a virtual halt, at least in the near term. Pilots in the enforcement or medical waiver process will be caught in limbo, as the inspectors in the field have little guidance on how to apply the provisions of the new law. Once they have their marching orders, however, I believe we will benefit from the new law. Congress and the president did something right, for a change.

Return to “Listener Mail”