Podcast listening alternative

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
Steve Marlowe

Podcast listening alternative

Postby Steve Marlowe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if you have considered making the UCAP available through Stitcher for streaming recorded podcasts.

I'm a long time listener, but this is my first time registering and posting in the forum so I hope this isn't a subject that's been discussed before (didn't find anything through search).

I discovered Stitcher Smart Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/) when they were mentioned in several other podcasts I follow.

For years, I've been downloading podcast - most recently with iTunes - which of course requires refreshing and syncing every day. With Stitcher, my subscribed (or new) podcasts are streamed anytime I have WiFi or 3G connection, which is now most of the time. This works great for about every podcast I've been listen to.

It would be great to be able to get UCAP the same way. Check it out - looks like it's pretty easy to get into their menu.

Love the shows - keep 'em coming!

--Steve
~ Life is short,fly fast ~ Roy Lopresti

Dave Higdon

Re: Podcast listening alternative

Postby Dave Higdon » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks for the question, Steve...making sure our tech guru, Mr. Hodgson, is aware of your question, suggestion and resource...much appreciated.

Clear prop...

Dave

TrevDog

Postby TrevDog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Hey just following up 1.5 years from the last post and I still don't see the podcast on Stitcher? I would love to listen to you more. 95% of my podcast are all on stitcher so I almost exclusively listen on there and therefore miss some of your episodes. Look in to it guys. I'm almost positive it's free and if you need any help setting it up I'm sure those guys from that other airplane podcast could help you out. ;)
"Flying, the best thing you can do with your clothes on."
Check out my Flying Blog and Podcast -->>Desert Pilot<<--

JeffN

Postby JeffN » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Another 1.5 year follow up. Would love to see you guys on Stitcher.

They have several other aviation podcasts on there but none as good as UCAP.

What say you, Jack?

Scofreyjet

Postby Scofreyjet » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

I took the action on this, then dropped the ball due to work/family interference. Yeah, that's it. ;)

I had actually been thinking about this recently and will revisit it soon. Jack and I discussed it a few months ago and in principle had no big objection, just need to do it. I'll get back on it.

Jeff
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:17 pm

JeffN,

Yes, we're gonna be looking into this. But I have a question for you: What do you see as the value of having us on Stitcher? How is it better than listening to us as a downloaded podcast?

Feedback from you, and any others who have tried Stitcher, would be valuable to us.

Thanks.

// Jack

TrevDog

Postby TrevDog » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Stitcher is all about convenience! Not having to think about downloading a podcast is just one less thing to do in my busy life. I don't know how many times I've got in the car and didn't have the podcast I wanted downloaded or don't have the most current one.

With stitcher you stream podcasts to your phone (like pandora) with no downloading and it always plays the most current episode. I think it's safer too. With the iPhone podcast app I find myself looking at my phone more then I would like while driving. With stitcher I set up the list of my shows and it just contunes to play through them. If i had listened to a show the and there is no updates then stitcher just skips it. For example at the top of my list is the 5min npr news cast so everytime I get in the car I hear the most current news then it goes to the next show on my list or picks up where I left off if I was mid-show.

It would be really nice to have your show on stitcher since most my podcasts are on there, and sadly miss a few episodes of ucap because I forget to download them :(
"Flying, the best thing you can do with your clothes on."
Check out my Flying Blog and Podcast -->>Desert Pilot<<--

Return to “Listener Mail”