FAA funding deal

Mail and other feedback from listeners.

FAA funding deal

Postby gmarshall » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: FAA funding deal

Postby sballmer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:14 am

So it takes five year to pass a four year bill... :!:

Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Postby jackhodgson » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:59 am

sballmer wrote:So it takes five year to pass a four year bill... :!:

Quite frankly, in today's Congress, I'm astounded that it will be passed at all.

[And knock wood, cause it's not quite there yet. I believe it passed the House yesterday. Next the Senate.]

UPDATE: I just checked and found that the Senate passed it yesterday (Monday). So now it just has to be signed by the President. So close!

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Co ... 146-1.html

// Jack

Postby Royski » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 am

As someone based in the DC FRZ, I hope this section of the bill results in some easing of restrictions:

(a) Submission of Plan to Congress- Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of Defense, shall submit to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure and the Committee on Homeland Security of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation of the Senate a plan for the D.C. Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area.

(b) Contents of Plan- The plan shall outline specific changes to the D.C. Metropolitan Area Special Flight Rules Area that will decrease operational impacts and improve general aviation access to airports in the National Capital Region that are currently impacted by the zone.

Return to “Listener Mail”