Tail-dragger training

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
SkiandflyUtah

Tail-dragger training

Postby SkiandflyUtah » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Well I logged my third hour of tailwheel training today in a Husky A-1A, and all I can say is WOW...what a blast!!!! No doubt in my mind, tailwheels RULE!!!!!!!!

Not but just a few week ago I was totally engrossed in IFR ground school learning and just flat bored shitless, now I'm afraid when I get back in my C-172 staring at a bunch of steam-gauges it's going to just seem kinda boring. Well all except the next time (Sunday) I'm in the C-172 it's OSH12 bound as an OSH newbie. :D

Anyway the point of my post is that if you ever thought flying a taildragger down low with doors & windows open would be interesting and you wanted to take on the challenge of learning how to land, taxi, and handle a taildragger....do it, it's a HOOT! 8-)

RigaRunner

Re: Tail-dragger training

Postby RigaRunner » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm looking at J3 Cubs on Trade-A-Plane...trouble is I'd rather fly than do or pay for repairs.
A commercial pilot, IFR rated, who flies a Cirrus SR22 out of JYO.

SkiandflyUtah

Postby SkiandflyUtah » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Up in McCall, ID this weekend & next doing Emergency Maneuver/Light Acro/Tailwheel training with Rich Stowell.

In addition to some slow flight work in my C-172 the training includes time in Rich's Super Decathlon, amazing aircraft, it looks like a Champ but turns like a Ferrari !!!

Chilling at the hotel across the street from the McCall airport watching planes taking off, with adult beverage in hand, of course purely for medicinal purposes don't cha' know.

Again, all I can say is if you think you might be interested, "Just Do It"...it's a HOOT!!! :D

champguy

Postby champguy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 am

Skiandflyutah
When you are done at McCall, if you would like some clean fresh and smoke free air, fly over to the Coast. I'll buy you the best burger in town for a chance to hear what you've learned in the mountains.
Champguy
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Listener Mail”