Valdez Fly-In: You guys should go

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
gmarshall

Valdez Fly-In: You guys should go

Postby gmarshall » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:04 am

Hey guys, I've been watching a bunch of Youtube videos on the Motor Trend channel called 'RoadKill'.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYeBHtoxs7g)

Sort of 'gonzo journalism' stuff where two of the editors of Hot Rod magazine either hack together a car in a parking lot and take it drag racing or on a road trip, or go meet people with crazy cars etc etc.

I would *LOVE* to see similar content related to aviation.

So imagine this. The three of you pile in the Debbie next May, and head off to Valdez Alaska to catch the Fly-In and that awesome short landing contest they have. You get the to fly across the US, Canada and Alaska on the way, which is bound to make for some great stories.

Jack and Dave talk Jeb into participating in the contest, and maybe you guys sweet talk the organizers into having a 'retractable' class so that you can get your names on a $20 plaque.

Anyway, I know a trip to AK is probably out of the question. A guy can dream, can't he?

On a slightly more realistic note, what about Reno? I'd love to hear you guys shoot the breeze after soaking in that aspect of our lovely obsession for a couple days. Same way I love listening to the S'n'F and Osh podcasts.

Anyway, missed you guys during the 'gap' since SnF. Glad to hear the new episode.

-Greg Marshall

Sven

Re: Valdez Fly-In: You guys should go

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:18 pm

We'd love to see you out here in the Valley of Speed at Reno for the 50th anniversary! It's just like Oshkosh without the fly-in, bugs and humidity. I'd even be happy to stand in for any missing Musketeers for a UCAP daily.

-Sven
Attachments
Strega.JPG
Strega.JPG (91.23 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
Flying a Mooney M20D. One of only 3 fixed-gear Mooney aircraft still flying.

PilotBillFromTexas

Postby PilotBillFromTexas » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:56 pm

+1

gmarshall wrote:
So imagine this. The three of you pile in the Debbie next May, and head off to Valdez Alaska to catch the Fly-In and that awesome short landing contest they have. You get the to fly across the US, Canada and Alaska on the way, which is bound to make for some great stories.

gmarshall

Postby gmarshall » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:47 pm

PilotBillFromTexas wrote:+1

gmarshall wrote:

I, in fact, would chip in $50 for gas money.

You guys could Kickstart it and see if you get listener and/or sponsorship interest.

Return to “Listener Mail”