Possible comment on next episode

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
Sorry Dog

Possible comment on next episode

Postby Sorry Dog » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm

As always, love what you guys have been doing.

I would be very interested in hearing all 3 of you guy's takes on EAA recently signing a settlement with the FAA on the AirVenture ATC services for the next 9 years. On the EAA site, you can read quite a few disgruntled members who obviously felt that the EAA should make a stand. The reasons seemed to vary from confidence in the legal outcome, setting a legal precedence, being "the right thing to do", or just flat standing up the "Guvment Man."

According to the settlement PDF on the EAA site, the fee for 2014 appears to be $225k, but a second bill is due net 30 days for travel and not so incidental incidentals. I'm not sure if the filings for the 2013 fees are a part of this settlement or not, or the appeal's current legal status. In short, there appears to be quite a few questions regarding user fees from the FAA, and I'd love to hear some inside dirt from Jeb or Dave on it.

Thanks guys, I hope y'all going on going for years to come.

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: Possible comment on next episode

Postby jackhodgson » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Dog,

I think we may have talked about that, but it may be in an ep we recorded before Sun n Fun, which has been delayed (UCAP351). I'm hoping to get it into the feed in the next couple weeks.

Thanks.

// Jack

Sorry Dog

Re: Possible comment on next episode

Postby Sorry Dog » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:16 pm

Thanks, glad to see you guys are ahead of me.

Return to “Listener Mail”