2014 Rocky Mountain Aviation Expo

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
SkiandflyUtah

2014 Rocky Mountain Aviation Expo

Postby SkiandflyUtah » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:07 am

Flew over to the Ft. Collins/Loveland, CO airport yesterday for the 2014 Rocky Mountain Aviation Expo & AOPA townhall with Mark Baker.

Photo doesn't do it justice but the event was well attended and the pattern was full of planes coming & going.

Mark comes across well making public speeches. In jeans & cowboy boots he struck me as casual & confident in his new role (definitely not a wine-list kinda guy). He provided a summary of many activities AOPA is involved in from 3rd class medicals, expanding GA, and supporting flight training initiatives. Additionally the Mayor of Ft. Collins made an impassioned speech about the value and importance of General Aviation to the community with particular emphasis on what that specific airport does for the local economy.

Looming weather forced a hasty retreat back to Salt Lake City over the top of Rocky Mountain National Park but certainly nice to see a well-balanced, young & old, group of aviation enthusiasts with a lot of energy!
Attachments
DSC02022 (800x600).jpg
DSC02022 (800x600).jpg (218.53 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Mark Baker_RMAE2014.jpg
Mark Baker_RMAE2014.jpg (147.26 KiB) Viewed 2244 times

Scofreyjet

Re: 2014 Rocky Mountain Aviation Expo

Postby Scofreyjet » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Cool, thanks for the report. Three of us from Team UCAP will be at the next AOPA Fly-In at KPYM in Plymouth Mass. I look forward to hearing from this revised version of the AOPA senior staff.
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

Return to “Listener Mail”