From a radio guy listening to you knuckleheads...

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
cdhaskins

From a radio guy listening to you knuckleheads...

Postby cdhaskins » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:53 pm

Hey boys!
I host a national syndicated radio show with Premiere Radio Networks. My co-workers on staff for Premiere include a few names you may know: Rush Limbaugh, Ryan Seacrest, Jim Rome, Dr. Laura, Bob & Tom, John Boy & Billy and Whopi Goldburg to name a few. I have been doing radio for 23 years and host the largest syndicated country morning show in America...Big D & Bubba. I say all that crap to say this...Ya'll rock!

I have been listening for about a year now and must say that I am impressed. I hear just about every one of the aviation podcasts out there today and while all of them educate is some way, sometimes the actual "broadcasts" are painful to sit thru.
You guys have a good team. Jack seems to have some radio background and does a great job in setting up a topic and moving the conversation on. Jeb and Dave have SO much aviation knowledge its sick. I have learned so much from you guys and actually ENJOY listening to your show.
Anyway, keep up the great work guys. I, of all people, know what goes into doing a radio show...you have my vote.

See ya at Oshkosh! I have a media pass and will be getting audio for my first ever EAA Airventure to bring back and share with our audience. I work hard in making sure GA is seen in a positive light in the media.

Thanks again-

D.

ps: Jeb you can listen to us on our affilate down in Sarasota on 106.5FM WTCQ

pss: I am selling my 172 to move up to a P210. My wife made a cool website for it if anyone is interested:
http://web.mac.com/dkhaskins1/Site/N8931V.html

jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Re: From a radio guy listening to you knuckleheads...

Postby jackhodgson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:32 pm

What a nice thing to say. Thanks.

Since the very start of this thing we've tried to go for roughly equal measures of accuracy and entertainment. With the hope that we'd occasionally achieve a little bit of one or the other.

See you in OSH.

-- Jack

PS. FWIW, I love Bob&Tom. But the only place I get to listen to them is when I'm visiting Oshkosh each summer. Sad to say they are not aired on any stations up here in the NE that I can receive.

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm

D: OK...had to read, re-read and re-re-read your lovely post, log off, log back in, log off, log back in...all to make sure I was on the right forum for the podcast you were talking about...do soooo appreciate your feedback -- and your brief CV served only to add to the impact of what you said...

So...Huge THANKS!

As for how we balance this thingee out...well, Jack's the real braintrust here...me, Jeb...we're really just the <ahem> "talent" (taken in the broadest sense of the word) -- we show up, shoot the s...uh, shoot the breeze, and get out -- pretty much like Jeb and I have been doing around one another for years...We're like a best-hidden organ -- and everybody's got an opinion...Jack just happened to make our opinions, thought, ideas, bluffs and blather publicly available.

Hope to meet you at OSH...and I'll pass on the link and word on your Skyhawk sale...never know where a good lead will lead.

Again, thanks! Seriously, very, very gratifying -- and helps make sitting for in the *hangar* for an hour sipping libations and BS all the more worthwhile.

Dave

RPittman

Postby RPittman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:37 am

You guys have become my favorite podcast/radio show to listen to. I am a 100-hour pilot and just purchased a Diamond DA40 to travel the family in and get my instrument rating in, but when I am not in the classroom or in the cockpit, I am listening to Uncontrolled Airspace and applying the real facts I hear you talk about to know about flying to my everyday travels. I fly out of Bessemer (KEKY) near Birmingham, AL and travel to my other offices in Mobile, AL and Nashville, TN almost weekly. So keep up the great work, your podcast is a learning tool for me and entertainment also.

The punch-line is without you guys, the time in the car would be just like every other non-pilot's time, boring.

Just took a drink,
Robb

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Wow...another attaboy? Man, Robb, thanks...and have a little Diamond Envy here...flew an early-year DA40 and loved it; and that's before Diamond gave it some of the great improvements in the new ones...

Glad to hear we're of more use than simply drowning out the traffic noise :o on the drive...keep up the flying and the flying will keep up with you...

Thanks so much for the nice words -- and for listening...much appreciated.

Dave

kb7m

Postby kb7m » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:17 am

I'm new to the forums here, but have been listening to UCAP for a while now. It is the only thing that makes my 1 hour commute tolerable... (Well, doing it in a C172 would help, but not feasible right now).

I have to chime in with the other guys on the comparison to other aviation podcasts. Yours is the only one that I generally smile all the way through (punctuated with the occasional belly laugh). Many of the others make me fight to stay awake. I love your panel discussion format. I look forward to guest hosts. I only wish you published an episode 2 or 3 times a week. I'd have to spend less time listening to "the other guys".

Keep it up, guys!

Keith
125 hours and counting in DA-20 and C172.

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Wow, Keith, a podcaster could get used to this...seriously, thanks...

As for the 2, 3 times a week...man...first, always be careful what you wish for...

Second...we'd have to be hitting big time in the Tip Jar to afford the time away from our day jobs...

Third, Jack would probably <ahem>, act on one of Carlin's seven dirty words :lol:

But do soooo appreciate your comments -- and their meaning...

Thanks for listening and dropping us a note...hope you jump in on some of the other topics...the more the merrier!

Dave

Return to “Listener Mail”