Low-Flying Plane Causes Concern At Ohio High School

Mail and other feedback from listeners.
AirportDude

Low-Flying Plane Causes Concern At Ohio High School

Postby AirportDude » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:29 am

You probably saw this already, but what a joke. Everybody is on pins and needles these days. God forbid there should be an airplane flying around.

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Low-Flying-Plane-Causes-Concern-at-Ohio-High-School-230457-1.html

The stupid media has us scared of our own damn shadows now -- it's their own damn fault for 24-hour coverage/glamorization/sensationalism of all these tragic acts.

Next thing you know there are going to be mini-TFRs around all schools M-F 0800-1600L...
Switching to advisory, squawking VFR. Good day!
- AirportDude

Scofreyjet

Re: Low-Flying Plane Causes Concern At Ohio High School

Postby Scofreyjet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:49 am

As a society we do seem to be getting a wee bit sensitive. When parents get arrested because they let their kids walk to the park to play by themselves, etc. My folks would have been in jail for life!

As for this case, certainly if he was flying over the school repeatedly at 1000 AGL or something like that I'd understand if it elicited concern, even if it was just because the noise was disruptive. Is there any more information about what actually happened?

There are things that we can do legally that are still not advisable.
Jeff Ward
I love things with wings!
Scofreyjet on Twitter

champguy

Re: Low-Flying Plane Causes Concern At Ohio High School

Postby champguy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:47 pm

A few years ago a guy took off from Florence Muni in a Lear Jet, circled the high school at 400 feet, came back down over the field and disappeared climbing out of sight. The phone rang, but nobody knew who it could have been, only that it wouldn't happen again.
If you are going to do a buzz job, make it count while you still have your ticket.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Return to “Listener Mail”