OSH Winter Report

Things that don't fit anywhere else.
Navionpilot

OSH Winter Report

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Sometimes my job takes me places that have value and purpose... Here is my Oshkosh winter report.
At 10:00L I arrived in at OSH via Rt 41 from MKE. I have to say that Oshkosh looks much different in Jan than in Jul. 8 In of snow greeted me and the grounds were beautiful. It was a clear day with lots of sun.... I visited the museum which is always fun, had lunch at the Charcoal Pit and ended the day by trying to stake out my campsite for Airventure. Here are a few pictures.
Attachments
charcoal pit.jpg
One of my favorite Fine Dining establishments in OSH
charcoal pit.jpg (44.47 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
camp site.jpg
This is my campsite in Camp Scholler..... I was unable to mark my spot for Airventure due to the snow build up. You can never be too early.
camp site.jpg (48.65 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
beer ball.jpg
Where the Beer Ball is located during OSH.... you know, the glowing smiley face in the air that says BEER on the other side.... that one.
beer ball.jpg (35.01 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

Navionpilot

Re: OSH Winter Report

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 pm

One more
Attachments
pioneer.jpg
Pioneer Airport Braking Report: NILL
pioneer.jpg (33.19 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Other Topics”