Filing Flight Plan Fiascos

Things that don't fit anywhere else.
LimaBravo

Re: Filing Flight Plan Fiascos

Postby LimaBravo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Hey Gang,

I use EAA and AOPA version of flight planners too, but for getting a flight plan through and a quick (legal) standard route briefing duat.com rocks.

...and I don't mean duats.com (drop the S as in Sierra)

evany

Postby evany » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:10 pm

I hopped through PAH a week or so ago and heard a pilot call up for his clearance only to find it wasn't in the system, according to PAH ground. He mentioned he'd filed on DUAT. Curious if this is a rare problem or if it too happens?

Pilot_MKN

Postby Pilot_MKN » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Ive had FSS guys scold me for using Duats to file flight plans...but i suppose its in their best interests to encourage us to call for our breifings
"Fortune favors the bold"
-Virgil

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Pilot_MKN wrote:Ive had FSS guys scold me for using Duats to file flight plans...but i suppose its in their best interests to encourage us to call for our breifings

Numbers probably do count for Lock-Mart and its contract...just this past week or so news came out through AOPA that L-M is closing three of the remaining consolidate-consolidated-consolidated stations...and no secret that FAA considers the money spent to two DUATS providers gets "juice worth the squeeze" as Jeb might say...Something I don't remember happening when FSS was still a integral service of the FAA...

...the more things change...
:roll:
....the more things change...

Dave

Return to “Other Topics”