Grass Runway

Things that don't fit anywhere else.
oshpilot

Grass Runway

Postby oshpilot » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Just came across this link. Anybody ever been to their Sinful Sundays? Looks like a trip might be in order!
http://www.leebottom.com/index.htm

Wayne

Navionpilot

Re: Grass Runway

Postby Navionpilot » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Yes! this is a great strip. I am looking forward to flying my newly aquired L-17 to Lee Bottom for some Ice Cream.
Jonathan
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

champguy

Postby champguy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Yes, grass is good.
and I'm not talking about misremembering the sixties
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

LimaBravo

Postby LimaBravo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:50 pm

This should be one of the coolest fly-ins of the year! Hope a lot of the ucap gang goes!

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:50 pm

OSH pilot -- Know Lee Bottom well...it's about 50 miles upstream on the Ohio River from my hometown, Jeffersonville, Ind.

But didn't "discover" Lee Bottom until one day about a decade back when I was giving my late father his first flight in a small plane since he'd taken initial instruction -- in 1948. Landed there once, found the folks a treat.

And their annual fly-in each September looks like one worth visiting...it's high on my list, but for several years a schedule conflict has kept me from attending.

One of these Septembers, though, gonna combine a visit back home to see family with a trip to the Lee Bottom event. Should be fun.

Return to “Other Topics”