Check out duat.com/mobile

Things that don't fit anywhere else.
LimaBravo

Check out duat.com/mobile

Postby LimaBravo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:38 pm

Jeb, on the podcast, and several people here in the forums have voiced opinions about filing while "remote" and frustrations associated therein.

I just wanted to point out the following:

http://www.duat.com/mobile

You can jump on that website from any data capable cell phone, wifi enabled PDA (ie palm pilot, sony, clie' , iTouch iPod, etc...), or any other internet gizmo you may have. You can file IFR or VFR quick and easy, try it out it is great.

Additionally:

With the mobile version of duat.com you can also:
- Get TFR's and graphic TFR's
- Get US, AK, and Canadian weather graphics
- Close VFR flight plans!!
- See you flight plan status
- Get wx briefing on "specific locations"

If you have not checked out both versions of duat.com and duat.com/mobile, give them a try. The gang over at Data Transformation Group are "on it" and they do an awesome job with all things flight plan and weather related. Knock on wood, they have not let me down since they partnered with the FAA many years ago. They go out of their way to make good on the QICP (Qalified Internet Communication Provider) agreement to the users (us) and the FAA, thus guaranteeing few, if any, outages and 2 minute turnaround time for all user requests.

Finally for Jeb, if you get in a hard core jam and your cell is dead, you can interface duats.com/mobile from a dial up modem! A nice lightweight clean user interface on any internet browser to save from having to use telnet. :-)

I have used duat.com and the mobile version with great success. You can file at the hangar before you go, or even with engines running, and get it through quickly.

~LB

(disclaimer: I am not in anyway affiliated with duat.com or DTS) :-)

LimaBravo

Re: Check out duat.com/mobile

Postby LimaBravo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Just spent the weekend flying around the midwest filing IFR with duat.com/mobile off the iPhone!!

Works like a champ and did not have to worry about if ATC had my flight plan on any of my legs.

~LB

randydu

Postby randydu » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Looked kinda funny on my ipod Touch. All the screens came up small and in the upper left corner. Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers,
Randy
Skyhawk N62218 (AKA Methuselah) @ KSGS

LimaBravo

Postby LimaBravo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:02 am

Randy!

if you look at http://www.duat.com/mobile on a regular PC, you will see they designed the page with a lot of "white space" to the right margin. In CSS, this will allow for many "smaller" and mobile screens to render the page maximized starting from top left to bottom right. The iPhone and iTouch, like a full size PC, recognizes this and tries to use the full resolution.

For the iTouch, you will need to "pinch out and pinch in" (zoom) to fill the screen, then the site will render as intended. Photo attached of my iTouch working as described in the home screen. For some reason (which I will research and find out) Safari browser on my iPhone is automatically zooming in the frame. I'll report back when I find out why. For now, iPhone and iTouch users not auto-zooming, just pinch in and pinch out.

~LB

PS: sorry about the crappy photos, my dig cam is OTS so had to use the cellphone. :(

duat touch 1.jpg
duat touch 1.jpg (48.71 KiB) Viewed 3904 times

Return to “Other Topics”