Amy Laboda looking forward to new journalistic adventures.

Things that don't fit anywhere else.
jackhodgson
Site Admin
Location: Lookout Point, Nottingham, NH / Nashua Airport (ASH)

Amy Laboda looking forward to new journalistic adventures.

Postby jackhodgson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:28 pm

From UCAP gang-member Amy Laboda:

It's bittersweet for me to tell you that, after a lot of thought, I've made the difficult decision to leave my position as Editor-in-Chief of Aviation for Women Magazine.

I'm more proud than I can tell you of the part I've played in the Magazine's growth, but I've decided that the time has come to explore some of the myriad new media opportunities available to 21st century journalists.

When you've spent a lot of time building a publication into a truly worthwhile read, but you are ready for new challenges, it is tough to find the right person to carry it into its next decade. I believe Peggy Chabrian, President of Women in Aviation, International, has made an excellent hire in Kelly Nelson. She's got the skills and the experience, as well as the industry knowledge to do the job, and well. I look forward to working with her through the transition and beyond.

Personally I'm excited about the freedom to seek new journalistic adventures at my own pace, but there is much to do in the next two months to get to that moment. Our next issue has some great content, and I'm looking forward to putting it together. After the November/December issue of Aviation for Women magazine heads to the printer I will be packing the magazine's equipment up and delivering it personally to Kelly for set up, training and a few days of transition.

I've enjoyed working as an employee of WAI, and hope to continue as an active member at large of the organization for many years to come. I am proud of what we have built as we head to our 25th conference next spring, and I know that people are succeeding in aviation and aerospace because of our efforts.

champguy

Re: Amy Laboda looking forward to new journalistic adventure

Postby champguy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Amy
Thanks for what you have done, it is very important work. Change is hard, but important.
Have fun with your new endeavors, whatever you choose. I'm sure it will be positive and help us all to be safe and look forward.
Remember, not all who wander, are lost.

Comanche Sue

Postby Comanche Sue » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Ditto what Champguy said. You are an inspiration and will be fantastic at whatever you choose to do next. Personally, I'd like to hear you more in the podcast sphere. You're a great champion of GA and we could all benefit from hearing/reading more from you. All the best to you! Sue

Dave Higdon

Postby Dave Higdon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Amy -- kudos and congrats...spooky step off the edge :o ...understand that fully...but if there's anyone who can succeed at working without a net it's Amy L...good luck, best wishes and remember you can holler anytime for anything... :)

Dave

Return to “Other Topics”