Annie Best Higdon (1955-2014) RIP

Things that don't fit anywhere else.
Trish7

Re: Annie Best Higdon (1955-2014) RIP

Postby Trish7 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:24 pm

David,

I cannot add to what others have already said, just wanted you to know, I too, am thinking of you and send my deepest condolences for your loss. I can only wish I could have had the privilege of knowing her.

Pat Storm

GAwithLPlates

Postby GAwithLPlates » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Thoughts and prayers with you. Sometimes life just sucks.

Garry.

Sven

Postby Sven » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:48 am

David,
I have always admired how you have so often spoken with great respect, admiration and love for Annie. Your love for her and for your shared passion of aviation has made me smile many times. All three of you keep very good boundaries about sharing personal things with your audience. Even so, in an odd way we've sort of become a family here. So this great loss came as a shock to those of us who have followed your podcast from the start. I think I can speak for many of your listeners, most of us anonymous strangers, when I say that we are truly saddened you've lost Annie. On that rare occasion when you did reveal a little of yourself the picture you painted of Annie was beautiful. We hope you find comfort in friends and family. We hope that memories of Annie move from sadness to smiling.

Peace to her memory.

Sven
Flying a Mooney M20D. One of only 3 fixed-gear Mooney aircraft still flying.

sballmer

Postby sballmer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Dear Dave,

I can't add much to what others already said. My sincere condolences for your loss and wishing you strength.

Stefan

rwryans

Postby rwryans » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:46 am

Dave,

We have never met. But, through the podcast, you have spent hours with me. I consider you a friend. When my friends are pained, I too am pained.

I am sorry for your loss. You always speak of Annie with such fondness. You have my best wishes.

Ron

turbo

Postby turbo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 am

summers s. windsor, ct/ winters stuart, fl RV-6/ R-44 / Gyroplane "The government is a body of people notably ungoverned." Image

nathanwonnacott

Postby nathanwonnacott » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Dave,

I'm very sorry for your loss. You've never met me, but I feel as though I met you about six months ago when I first decided to search for an aviation related podcast. Since then I've listened to nearly 200 episodes and I even feel as though I know Annie a little bit.

I wanted to let you know that the relationship you have with her is an inspiring one. I always loved how highly you always spoke of her and how you always refer to her as your bride. I've actually even started referring to my wife the same way and she really likes it. Its sad that such a wonderful woman who you obviously love very much has moved on, but just remember that now she's soaring up there somewhere much higher than any of us have ever flown. I don't know what your beliefs are about life after death, but personally I believe that she is in a good place, being well taken care of, and that one day you'll be able to see her again. What a happy reunion that will be :)

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,

Nate

Navionpilot

Postby Navionpilot » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Dave,
I'm so sorry man. Thanks for letting me share drinks with you and Annie a few years back on a layover at the airport restaurant in ICT. Committing aviation with you both was great, the peas and carrots saying seems to fit. No words really work.... just admiration.

Hang Tough.

Jonathan
"Very hard and smooth surfaces, such as obtained by the use of concrete, are not popular with pilots.- Civil Airport Construction 1928- Fly Grass!!!!!!!!!

C5Guy

Postby C5Guy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Dave,

So sorry for your loss.

-JD

Return to “Other Topics”