Episode 498 had Jack, Dave, and Jeb discussing FlightAware tracking our flight paths even when we’re VFR in the boonies away from any major airport. If you wanna know how FlightAware has figured out your flight path when you’re at low altitude VFR in the middle of nowhere, this is how they're doing it. And you can help!
“You can now build and run your own ADS-B ground station that can be installed anywhere and receive real-time data directly from airplanes on your computer.
Your ground station can run FlightAware's PiAware software to track flights within 100-300 miles (line of sight, range depending on antenna installation) and will automatically feed data to FlightAware. You can track flights directly off your PiAware device or via FlightAware.com.
As a thank you from FlightAware, users sending ADS-B data receive the following:
* Live data on flightaware.com (subject to standard data processing delay of up to two minutes)
* Access to up-to-the-second live data received by the local device (accessible from the stats page with a local network connection)
* Data from local device highlighted on FlightAware track logs
* Detailed statistics on site performance
* A free Enterprise Account (USD89.95/mo value)”
How about that!?
Things that don't fit anywhere else.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests